1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillies home feeds on MLB EI

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by jeff125va, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Apr 8, 2011 #1 of 60
    jeff125va

jeff125va Godfather

Jun 4, 2007
    So far I've only been able to watch the home feeds for the Phillies twice- Friday and Sunday. It was only occasionally last season that only the away feed was available, but nowhere near this often.

I can get over having to listen to the other teams announcers, but the practical problem is that for several games there were two (actually 4 counting 2 each HD and SD) instances of the game listed in the guide early in the day when I set it to record, but one of them disappeared from the guide by game time. Fortunately I normally set both since there's no way to tell which is which, so for example I still got to see yesterday afternoon's game when I got home.

I did notice that the two games we got the home feed for were on PHL-17, is there some issue with the games on Comcast thus year? I know there used to be but last year we got lots of them. Of course I don't know which channel the other 4 games were on, I guess I could check the replays on MLB.TV.

2. Apr 8, 2011 #2 of 60
    Eksynyt

Eksynyt Icon

Feb 8, 2008
    It's always so arbitrary whether we get the CSN Philly, SD4, or Rogers Sportsnet games for their respective teams. I've given up even trying to figure it out.

3. Apr 8, 2011 #3 of 60
    billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Although I would prefer the home-town Phillies feed it was kind of interesting to listen to the New York announcers during yesterday's 11-0 shutout Phillies win...

4. Apr 8, 2011 #4 of 60
    tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Not as much fun when the Mets hammered Hamels, though?

5. Apr 8, 2011 #5 of 60
    la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    tom macarthy chris wheeler and the srg garry matthews jesus i cant believe its been over 40 years for wheels doing phillies games on tv

6. Apr 9, 2011 #6 of 60
    1980ws

1980ws Legend

Mar 18, 2008
    Longwood,...
    I enjoy listening to the Phillies radio team on MLB Audio. It is just a split second ahead of the TV feeds. I think I like them better than the TV guys. And then it doesn't matter who's feed I get, although it's nice hearing the other side opinions too.

7. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    scott franske, larry anderson do radio and jim jackson flyers play by play also does a few innings on radio for phillies

8. Jaspear

Jaspear Godfather

May 16, 2004
    Very nice. I didn't know about MLB's audio service. If DirecTV doesn't get their act together (like they did last year), for 20 bucks, I might go for it. I don't suffer crummy announcers well. :)

9. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    727-1 seems to have the Phillies broadcast on today and it's from PHI 17.

10. jeff125va

jeff125va Godfather

Jun 4, 2007
    Yeah, got to see the home team broadcast today, which was nice, especially with a win. Although IIRC last season, Sundays seemed to be the one day we usually didn't get the home feed, at least not in HD. I remember a few times where of the 4 channels - home and away, HD and SD - the one with the DirecTV logo was the Phillies HD broadcast. I called to complain once or twice but the representatives I got couldn't understand that I wasn't calling about a blacked out game. My guess is that would be the case now, so probably futile to try calling them about this now.

I did notice today when they showed the Phillies schedule for the coming week, it showed some games on "CSN" and some on "Comcast Network", with different logos, and next Sunday's game on PHL-17. I don't remember there being two Comcast channels last year - is that new?

11. marker101

marker101 Legend

Nov 6, 2007
    No. They've always had The Comcast Network, usually April/May are the stronger months for its usage (along with phl 17). With CSN carrying basketball, hockey, (new this year) soccer (Union), and baseball this time of year (overloaded) they have to find a place for some of the programming, so Comcast Network it is. Yet another Comcast exclusive channel. Gotta love it.

12. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    but if D* get's a CSN deal then they may get the over flow games on Comcast Network.

They got the CSN CHI + games that where on the comcast only CLTV and cable only MOJO HD.

13. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    D pulled the Phillies feed of the Phils/Nats tonight ! It was on 725 till 5 minutes before the game 7pm

14. Eksynyt

Eksynyt Icon

Feb 8, 2008
    Yup, another arbitrary, random pulling of the Phillies feed. We still haven't gotten a CSN Philly feed yet.

15. NYRDiehardfan

NYRDiehardfan Mentor

Feb 1, 2007
    I Know!! WTF is going on with this???!!

16. NYRDiehardfan

NYRDiehardfan Mentor

Feb 1, 2007
    Can Sat Racer please get an answer for this? Phils broadcasters have readily been available since 2007 on MLB EI. What is going on?

17. Eksynyt

Eksynyt Icon

Feb 8, 2008
    I wouldn't have a problem if they just didn't have it in the guide, but it looks like they will have the Phillies feed, then it just doesn't come on and gets removed from the guide after the game starts...very frustrating.

18. cnmurray8

cnmurray8 Legend

Jun 19, 2008
    I agree I try and set up the recordings for the week and have been trying to record what I think are Phillies feeds. Now on I will just set the games on the other teams rsn until something changes.

19. Eksynyt

Eksynyt Icon

Feb 8, 2008
    Today's guide is all kinds of messed up. I can't figure anything out!

20. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Evidentally neither can DirecTV.

Worst start for the guide I can ever remember.