1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phoenix OTA 7.2

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by nybill38, Mar 14, 2009.

1. nybill38

nybill38 AllStar

Jan 25, 2009
    Hello

I installed an outdoor antenna today and got it all setup with my HR21 and all of the PHoenix local channels and sub channels come in great except for 7.2...7.1 comes in just fine...but on 7.2 I get a searching for signal message. the signal strength is the same on both channels..

I understand this is an ongoing issue...does someone have a fix for this?

Thanks

2. Wisegoat

Wisegoat Icon

Aug 16, 2006
    Does channel 7.2 exist? I show a couple of subchannels in my guide for the L.A. DMA that are just remaps to the SD version of the channel.

3. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    7.2 is RTN, Retro Television Network. It's like TV Land. My HR20-700 was getting 7.2 when it was a simulcast of 7.1. When KAZT started broadcasting RTN I started getting the searching for signal message even though the meter shows it's there.

4. nybill38

nybill38 AllStar

Jan 25, 2009
    I just called Dtv tech support on this issue, naturally it could not be fixed...he had me doing all kinds of resets and the standard unplug and plug back in....finally he tells me that my signal (100%) isn't strong enough and that I need a signal booster....how the hell do you boost a 100% signal?

The problem is someplace else but obviously nobody seems to know. I'm just going to hook the cable to the back of the TV and watch 7.2 until directv figures out this issue...sheesh

5. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    I wonder if there is something in 7.2 that is blocking it, something akin to the "do not record flag" Are any Dish receivers having issues with KAZT 7.2?

6. sobal

sobal AllStar

Jun 4, 2004
    You can see this channel by plugging the antenna directly into the tv? I've always tried to tune in via the receiver with no luck since many of the programs look interesting. I was even thinking of getting a rooftop antenna to tune in this station. I've never used the digital tuner on my tv. I'll give it a try.

7. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    You should be able to get 38.1-4 as well. 38.1 is in Spanish, but the sub channels are English.

8. OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt Mentor

Mar 16, 2007
    I am not trying to hijack this thread, but must comment:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I have been having this same problem with KLKN 8-2 in the Lincoln DMA. D* tech has been here and case management has been involved resulting in "it's in your antenna system" diagnosis. This all started when KLKN 8-2 changed to KLKNRTN. If it is a problem with RTN, A fix shouldn't be difficult. Now if there are contractual disagreements, which there should not be, who knows.

Sorry for the interuption, thought the info might be of interest. Thanks again.

9. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    Hmm, sounds like we need a thread regarding Retro Television Network, and can you receive it.

10. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    Receiving both Phoenix 7.2 channels now