phone number? winback department

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by user, May 15, 2019.

1. user

user New Member

Apr 20, 2019
    what is the number for the winback department
    account was on att's platform

they cannot seem to pull using att's account number

2. ericknolls

ericknolls Member

Aug 18, 2013
    New York,...
    Not to be funny - What is a winback department? Asking for a friend...

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    A winback department is one that attempts to win back customers who have left the business.

I'd expect them to call the customer and make an offer the customer would accept to come back to a business.

4. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    Pretty sure you want the loyalty department. Call and tell them you want to cancel, that gets you there.

5. dreadlk

dreadlk Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2007
    Earth
    I wonder how many of those hundreds of thousands of customers Directv lost called the loyalty Dept before canceling?

My guess is half but then again I wonder how many people did call and stayed? That’s would be an interesting static to know. If 4 million people called and stayed it would mean they are in worst shape than the loses indicate. That would be a lot of lost income via retention compromises!

I know 2018 was the first year I ever called with the intention of canceling, that $60 a month off was the only thing that changed my mind. The bill had been creeping up year by year until it was intolerable.

6. cmoss5

cmoss5 1960'S NOSTALGIA

May 26, 2006
    Tucker,GA
    Retention department number, also known as loyalty department is 1-866-586-4990 as just got $30 credit for next 24 months on my account. Another number is 1-877-999-1083.

Athlon646464 likes this.
  7. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    I cant get the winback to stop calling LOL

8. Robert Auger

Robert Auger New Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Hi, did your account move to att .did you call direct tv or att . My account move to att

9. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    If they really mean the winback dept, you don't call them, they call you with comeback offers if the system determines your account standing was good enough to try to get back, after you turned down the final offer of the loyalty dept and cancelled.

As for the loyalty dept, if by "was on att", you mean the account has already been cancelled, then it's too late. The loyalty dept would have been who you were talking to when you called to cancel the account. If they didn't even attempt to give you a good offer to stay before you cancelled, there's pretty much no chance of getting a winback call.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  10. Microphone

Microphone AllStar

Jan 30, 2007
    Massachusetts

Shocked, in the nearly 2 months I've been gone, I have not got one phone call or letter. Just the boxes to mail the receivers back.