phone number? winback department

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by user, May 15, 2019 at 4:58 PM.

1. user

user New Member

Apr 20, 2019
    what is the number for the winback department
    account was on att's platform

they cannot seem to pull using att's account number

2. ericknolls

ericknolls Member

Aug 18, 2013
    New York,...
    Not to be funny - What is a winback department? Asking for a friend...

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    A winback department is one that attempts to win back customers who have left the business.

I'd expect them to call the customer and make an offer the customer would accept to come back to a business.

4. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    Pretty sure you want the loyalty department. Call and tell them you want to cancel, that gets you there.

5. dreadlk

dreadlk Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2007
    Earth
    I wonder how many of those hundreds of thousands of customers Directv lost called the loyalty Dept before canceling?

My guess is half but then again I wonder how many people did call and stayed? That’s would be an interesting static to know. If 4 million people called and stayed it would mean they are in worst shape than the loses indicate. That would be a lot of lost income via retention compromises!

I know 2018 was the first year I ever called with the intention of canceling, that $60 a month off was the only thing that changed my mind. The bill had been creeping up year by year until it was intolerable.

6. cmoss5

cmoss5 1960'S NOSTALGIA

May 26, 2006
    Tucker,GA
    Retention department number, also known as loyalty department is 1-866-586-4990 as just got $30 credit for next 24 months on my account. Another number is 1-877-999-1083.