1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture freeze and pixellation

Discussion in 'Technical Talk (Closed Forum)' started by ryker, Dec 11, 2002.

1. ryker

ryker Cool Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Any channel on transponder 21 I get a picture freeze and pixellation every 10 seconds or so. Only channel on it that I watch is MTV2. Signal strength is over 100. Is this just a compression issue? When I contacted dish they said swap lnb which made no difference and then they tried to tell me my dish isn't ground properly or I have dirty ac power, what a joke.

Any ideas.

2. ryker

ryker Cool Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Does anyone have any ideas? I can't possibly be the only person with this problem.

3. MarkA

MarkA God Bless America! DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    I'm not sure what transponder it's on (I'll check), but I have a similar problem on KTLA. Every 10-15mins it blinks out (audio and video, screen goes black) for less than a second. (7200 receiver here)

4. boba

boba Guest

Look for possible damage to the coaxial cable transponder 21 would equate to a specific frequency. If that frequency is being blocked by a kinked cable you would have a weaker signal on that transponder. Try going to Menu 6,1,1, and check signal strength on transponder 21. is it stable at 100 or does it fluctuate every 10 seconds? Have you tried the receiver on another system to see if it still has problems it might be a receiver problem.

5. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    What kind of receiver do you have?

6. ryker

ryker Cool Member

Aug 22, 2002
    I have the 501. When I check the signal strength it stays above 100 the whole time. I checked the cable and didn't see any damage but the cable is hidden in a few areas. I would think if the cable was damaged I would have problems with more than one transponder, but who knows?