Picture Quality and 0x279

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - HR23 Discussion (private)' started by Vinny, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Since I received the production ready HR23; I and a few others noticed the PQ wasn't as good as the pre-production model. There was very noticable pixilation in low lit scenes when there was movement...especially when the background was a dark color.

Well, anyway...since 0x279; either my eyes are playing tricks on me or the PQ is as good... if not better than the pre-production model.

If DirecTV tweaked the code and that made the PQ better....THANK YOU very much. If its in my mind; I can accept that too...:)

Anyone else seeing what I (think) I'm seeing? :lol:

2. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    I had noticed the pixilation in the darker areas. Also some shows like my local news which, while the channel is HD, is still 4x3 didn't look as good as the pre-production model.

I'm watching my news right now and it looks great. Also I don't seem to have the problems with the dark areas any more.

FWIW.

Mike

3. Coffey77

Coffey77 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Nov 12, 2006
    I've had very little time to make a good judgement but so far the PQ is good. It almost appears "softer" around the edges on most HD Movies I've watched so far. Softer isn't necessarily better, just appears smoother. :)