Pimp my pussycat

Discussion in 'The OT' started by cj9788, Oct 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    From the Sun in the UK: Pimp my pussy

Cat owners across the world have been decking their pets out with random objects and posting their pics online.

Now Mario Garza, who started www.stuffonmycat.com is inundated with silly snaps.

The 22-year-old designer from California says: “I started placing things on my cat, like pens and pencils, and found she didn’t move.

“I took pictures and posted them on the net and saw other owners had done a similar thing. So I set up the website, just as fun.”

That was last year and now Mario receives thousands of photos a day and is cashing in by selling stuffonmycat merchandise.

2. Neil Derryberry

Neil Derryberry Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Title edited.. this is a family site.

3. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Cats have amazing patience to put up with the things that their humans expect them to do. My parents had a cat that I used to toss pennies at (gently) and he would just lie there on the floor happy (apparently) to be the center of attention. Then again though, he may have been laying there thinking up ways to get even with me. :D

4. s8ist

s8ist Banned User

Aug 21, 2006
    Does anyone else find this co-opted usage of "pimp" to be a disturbing trend? I remember walking down the street after Hurricane Wilma had hit, when a kid proclaimed atop a freshly uprooted tree, "I am the pimp of this tree!" Confused, I didn't know whether to ask how much the going rate was, or to give him a lecture on the good old days, where the word pimp meant a man who tricked or beat a woman into selling her body to strangers for sex so that he could steal her money.
    Damn kids.

5. s8ist

s8ist Banned User

Aug 21, 2006
    oh, how much for the cat?

6. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Yes. It's more of the sinking to the lowest common denominator trend. Suddenly anything is acceptable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.