Pins used for: DIRECTV 10 Pin To Component Dongle H25 Genie Mini Clients

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by MChen, Aug 19, 2016.

1. MChen

MChen New Member

Aug 17, 2016
    NJ
    Hi,

I wonder if anyone can tell me the pin numbers used by the above product (sold in Amazon and other sites)?

As I can see, the product uses 5 pins out of the 10 in the Mini DIN connector.

I wonder if anyone knows what 5 pins are used in such a cable?

Thanks,
    Meir

2. energyx

energyx Cool Member

Aug 8, 2011
    That's the cable I bought a couple years back and it works fine with the original mini. Not sure what the question is? Are you trying to make one? $4.19 prime is pretty cheap.

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I do not. But, I would assume it varies with the outcome you wish to achieve since that connections establishes a composite or component output from the same connection.
    PS: That link is tied to your Amazon account and does not take anyone but you to the item.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I think the other pins may be used if someone is using composite vs component. Heck might even do s video too.

5. MChen

MChen New Member

Aug 17, 2016
    NJ
    I have a digital train component that need a cable that use pins, 1, 2, 4 and 8 to work. I am not sure if the pins used by the DIRECTTV uses the same pin. The other option is to make the cable myself but the $4 cost sounds appealing.

6. energyx

energyx Cool Member

Aug 8, 2011
    I'll have to go dig it out, but I can pin it out for you in a bit.

7. energyx

energyx Cool Member

Aug 8, 2011
    The only pin not is use is 6. The audio connections share a ground and I numbered based on reverse of the jack numbering from top-bottom/left-right. This is looking at cable end.

Even if I have it mirrored or backwards, your pins should be patched to either a center or ground in the cable.

[​IMG]

8. MChen

MChen New Member

Aug 17, 2016
    NJ
    Thanks, sounds perfect for what I need.

9. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    I would expect pin 6 is used by composite video. (Using the same ground as the audio channels.)

Peace,
    Tom

10. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    Sometimes composite will double up component/green, so if pin 6 doesn't work for composite, try pin 5 with ground on either 7 or 2.

11. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    I've always wanted to know if there's any way to make S-video out of a component signal. I've tried the electronic converter method but was disappointed in the fuzzy-quality output. Not even as good as the original composite.