1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixelation getting worse

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Rob37, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    The Pixelation seems to be getting worse. Seeing heavy pixelation on 304 TVLand watching Gunsmoke.

2. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    may be for you but not for me -Looks good here andy looks fine

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    I would say it's unchanged on my equipment.

4. richall01

richall01 Godfather

Sep 30, 2007
    South Georgia
    What TV do you have , check your HDMI wire.

5. Robin R Jurasinski

Robin R Jurasinski New Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Did the satellite dish get moved by something? check the signal strength.
    Menu > settings and help > settings > satellite > view signal strength
    You have to go through the various bearings. On the right it has Satellite and Tuner. Hit the + to get to the next bearing and have that info fill in. All the numbers should AT LEAST be above 80 or you have to realign the dish.
    Direct TV owns a fleet of 12 satellites, which is why only certain channels pixelate.
    And "The HD broadcasting signal is a much narrower and higher frequency satellite signal. The DirecTV HD satellite dishes must be finely tuned to receive and accurately decode the HD satellite TV broadcasting. The satellite dish must be tuned to within one half of 1 degree of the peak signal strength or the HDTV broadcasting will pixelate and breakup intermittently. The DTV KA band frequency carries DirecTV's HDTV broadcasting. The HDTV channels contain much more digital information than a standard-definition broadcast."
    Hope this helps.

6. Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    I did that little test and ALL of the numbers were WELL above 80 in the 90’s to be exact. My dish is properly aligned.

7. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    You originally posted your issue two months ago. If the process of elimination (check cables and wires, check satellite signal strength, run a System Test) revealed nothing and you're still experiencing heavy pixilation you need to call DIRECTV and schedule a service call.
    [QUOTE="Rob37, pos

jimmie57 likes this.