1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixilation.. Help..

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Italfra1, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Italfra1

Italfra1 Godfather

Dec 22, 2005
    I recently hooked up a Sony FD trinitron wega in my bedroom to an exhisting Directv HR20-700 reciever. Had no prior problems with the reciever but wanted to get rid of the old JVC standard def tv.

So initially everything seemed to be fine with hooking up the new Sony set. I ran an HDMI to DVI cable from the Directv reciever to the Sony. My setting on the TV and remote are set to 1080i resolution original format, 16.9 screen and Native Off.

Seemed like the tv worked perfectly the first few weeks but now I have pixilation on so many channels. It's not freezing and locking up but frequent random pixilations.

I've reset the Directv reciever, unplugged all equipment, switced B band converters and I still have the pixilation problem. Could it be the reciever?

I have a service person coming out on Wednesday to check it out. I've rarely seen pixilations problems that stem from the actual tv itself, but I could be wrong. Seems like maybe it's the box or signal or something that's causing it. Guess I'll get to the bottom of it Wednesday but if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

I do have another Samsung HDTV in another room that gets it's signal from the same satelite and that's working perfectly with no pixilation.

Thanks.

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Since that box has a OTA tuner, I suggest trying to connect a temporary OTA antenna to it, and see if you have the same problems viewing OTA channels.

If I just had to guess, I would say the hard drive is failing. Can you hook it to another TV and see if you have the same issues? That would eliminate the TV as the cause.

3. Italfra1

Italfra1 Godfather

Dec 22, 2005

I can definately switch the box to another set to see if it has the same issues. If it does than I'll know it's the box and not the tv. I can do that tomorrow when I have more time. Thanks.