Place for all of the pictures that are about to come in!!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - Wireless Networking (private)' started by Alebob911, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Alebob911

Alebob911 Hall Of Fame

Mar 22, 2007
    CERES,CA
    Thought this would help keep all of our pictures organized.:)

Ok Here are some shots of the product and it's contents.

Attached Files:

2. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Good point.

Someone needs to step up (or two people) and own the First Look for this test project.

Having just come off just doing the DECA one with Dave29, and because of travels for work to make me late to start up myself....I'm at a disadvantage to do this one.

Having done 4 First Looks to date, I can testify that it is about 40 hours of work or so, but a labor of love - so we need some volunteers - probably 2 people - to assemble the information and photos for the First Look.

3. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    I'm planning on turning this up for the first time after the Friday CE. I can take the setup pics.

4. Groundhog45

Groundhog45 Hall Of Fame

Nov 9, 2005
    Cedar Park,...
    Alebob pics look good. I would add one that shows the front with the blue lights on.

5. Huskie_2009

Huskie_2009 Icon

Jan 12, 2009
    That way, we can say it matches the current receivers perfectly ;)

Alebob,

They look great.

If it's not too late, can one be done for the bottom where the mac address is located? Maybe we can Photoshop the serial # to blur it?

6. Alebob911

Alebob911 Hall Of Fame

Mar 22, 2007
    CERES,CA
    I'll get the bottom done. The lights will have to wait cause were I'm at the bridge is not associated with any AP so the power light is the only thing lit and it's not very bright.

7. Strejcek

Strejcek Icon

Sep 27, 2006
    I'll volunteer to help with the first look. My product photos aren't as nice as Alebob911's, but I have all the screen shots for the product software setup.

Attached Files:

8. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    OK, I'll help write it this time.

9. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Looks like Strejcek volunteered to take care of the Picture taking for the First Look and Microbeta is going to help write it up.

Microbeta, if you want me to help you write it up, just let me know.

10. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    Dave's a veteran now! :D

...and Stuart is outstanding at helping with the layout template when the contents are ready later on following some more testing time....he's our "Art Director Extraordinaire". :)

It really ends up being a team effort, with 2-3 lead people assembling the contents. The actual writing does take some time - an outline, planning, and actual authorship....but for some folks...its fun. :)

11. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    You helped show me the way:lol:

12. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    Well since I like doing things the wrong way first. (so that i can help someone who will make mistakes) I volunteer to do a step by step on all the possible mistakes and how to correct as many as can be corrected. Like a FAQ sheet. I can also take pics of these steps for those that have a better visual sense. I already connected everything but I plan do undo everything and redo tomorrow for the CE.

13. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    These always work best in a "team" project.

Having worked with Drew2K, HDTVSportsfan, AirRocker, and now you, Dave, on past First Looks, I certainly would not have been able to do any of those without everyone's excellent participation. These are not a one-man show in any way.

Stuart has been extremely generous and helpful in his guidance and excellent graphical presentation to make these look professional. Doug has added his expertise and wisdom repeatedly as well.

So I have been thankful for all the great teams in the past, and encourage others to join in the "fun".

Photos, narratives on install experiences, diagrams, data reports, and other contributions are all much appreciated.

Remember - the experimentation, testing, and trials & tribulations are part of the "CE experience".

I'm gonna just sit back on this one (but test, of course), and enjoy the fine work that MicroBeta, Strejcek, Alebob and others producing their masterpiece when the time comes to assemble this technology First Look.

If I have anything of value...might throw in $.02 worth....

You guys are already off to a great start.

14. Huskie_2009

Huskie_2009 Icon

Jan 12, 2009
    I'll try to catch whatever is posted that might be relevant for the First Look into the WET610N topic. Might be easier to consolidate the info and have one out quickly when a lot of the information is in one place.

If we have too much information, which I believe we will, we can always make it info a FAQ.

15. Groundhog45

Groundhog45 Hall Of Fame

Nov 9, 2005
    Cedar Park,...
    I volunteer to proof read, if needed. I'm usually pretty good with that.

16. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I volunteer my services as proofreader and editor ... I have a red pen and I know how to use it! :p

17. WERA689

WERA689 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Canton, GA
    I guess I need to remind you guys that my degree is in Journalism (which I'm sure won't surprise at least a couple of us...:) ). Any help that I might offer as writer or editor will be gladly and proudly extended.

Having not written one of these before, any pointers on how to go about assembling all the pertinent info would be appreciated.

18. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I would suggest that any new First Look should be started by looking at previous First Looks - what worked, what didn't. The newest ones have FAQ's, which I think is a nice addition. The layout is down pat now (Go Stuart!), so it's all about the content: Photos, Setup, Technical Specs, First Impressions, etc.

(Here's the master First Looks thread: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=117744)

19. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    I was thinking the same thing, maybe mimic the layout of the WGA600N First Look.

20. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    I am already taking detailed pictures of where everything goes plugged into. Also, Im taking the pictures of what comes with each item and where it goes connected relative to each other. Also, will take pictures of required items for the setup. I will get detailed as I can and then you can just omit any pictures you might think are not needed.