1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing EHD Content

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by SDWC, Apr 16, 2013.

1. SDWC

SDWC AllStar

Dec 14, 2005
    Hi All,

First day upgrading to Hopper w/sling from 722K, still feeling my way around. I have searched the forum for assistance but am not finding an answer or am doing something incorrectly. I took the EHD which was attached to my 722K and hooked it up to the Hopper. I cannot figure out how to play the recordings from the EHD.

When I hit menu, External Hard drive, I can select transfer from external device 1 to Hopper set top box and when I click next I can see all of the EHD recordings. I'm pretty sure I can select one and move it to the Hopper and play it from there. But on the 722K I could play recordings right from the EHD. Can I do that with the Hopper?

I read a post in another thread which mentioned going to DVR and selecting My Hopper and seeing an icon for external hard drive. But when I access the DVR screen I can't find a My Hopper option.

Any help greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    In the DVR menu... the first drop-down should be a RED block that has the various DVR areas... the very next block beside that is, I believe, GREY and allows you to select another Hopper (if you have 2) or a connected EHD.

3. SDWC

SDWC AllStar

Dec 14, 2005
    Thank you so much Stewart. That 2nd drop down was labeled by my installer as "Living Room 1". I never thought to look there. I expected to find it under "My Recordings", since that's exactly what they are. :)

Very simple, much appreciated.

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    No problem... it is one of those things that I don't think is immediately intuitive but is easy to remember once you know where it is.