1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playlist corruption. What happened?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by rbpeirce, Jul 13, 2018.

1. rbpeirce

rbpeirce Godfather

Feb 23, 2006
    I had two shows that previously appeared in the playlist on my Genie but suddenly disappeared. History showed they were recorded but not canceled. I did a hard restart and both retuned but one was greyed out and would not play. The other was okay.

Has anyone seen this? What happened? Can I restore the greyed out show? It was a sporting event and will not be available On Demand,

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
  3. rbpeirce

rbpeirce Godfather

Feb 23, 2006
    Crap! I thought this was a unique problem for me not a general DTV problem. I've had 1088 since the end of June but only saw it this week, apparently along with everybody else!

Fortunately, the missing shows of interest eventually re-appeard. It remains to be seen if they will stay. Possibly related, a show I scheduled to record got de-scheduled. Fortunately I discovered this in time.

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    It's a software problem, it will be fixed...I hope. Nothing else to do, don't get stressed out.

Rich

5. Clemsole

Clemsole Godfather

Sep 8, 2005
    Washington...
    Don't hold your breath on it being fixed very soon. As stupid as the software people are it way take 10 years to see any thing fixed

6. unixguru

unixguru Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    Yeh, I've seen this too. Every time a simple menu restart has returned everything for me. I knew my problem-free period couldn't last.

7. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    During my 23 years as a DIRECTV customer I have witnessed hardware and software issues that took weeks and in some cases many months to correct but I have never witnessed a issue that took a decade to correct.

8. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Does that mean that the channels I get issue is fixed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

242424 likes this.
  9. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Don't think this fix will take long. This is something crucial, not like the Black Shroud. History tells us we'd better get used to the Black Shroud. I don't see how they can ignore missing recordings.

Rich