Playlist wont remember sort order

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Grentz, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Anyone have this issue?

On my HR22 I select to sort the playlist A-Z (via the yellow button) and it keeps going back to ordering by date.

My HR21 on the other hand remembers the A-Z setting as it has for months.

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    [no HR22] when I find mine "mixed up", I need to "tell it" to sort by another option, and then have it sort by the option "it should have been".
    [ie: normally sort by date, so change to A-Z, then back to by date]

3. Juanus

Juanus Legend

Jun 4, 2007
    I have noticed this happens on my HR21-700 when I use Direc2PC.
    Then I need to "tell it" to sort by another option, and then have it sort by the option "it should have been".

4. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Its instant as well. I set it, it sorts it properly (A-Z), I exit the list, then go right back to the list and it is back to by date again.

I will try your suggestion VOS.

5. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I've been doing the same as VOS. I also just went back into MISC options and changed my "keep last sort" to something else, then changed it back. I wonder if that setting was temporarily forgotten? /steve

6. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    u can do this too:

keyword search for "IAMANEDGECUTTER"-->continue-->all-->when it finds nothing
    press and hold the menu and info buttons on the front of the unit (not the remote) together for 2 seconds and let go.

A hidden menu will pop up and you can turn sort by on. Then go back to "My Playlist" and select the option you want and it will save.

7. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Once you've run that search, there's no need to press MENU/INFO anymore. They changed it so you can just use that Misc Options menu I mentioned above. :) /steve

8. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Ya, I am an avid CE member and know about that way as well. I was curious why the stock way of doing it is not working though? Or is that how it is supposed to work?

My HR22 is stock so far since it is new so I though I would try out some things like this ;)

9. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I would like to try and set this up, but can't find Misc Options. What menu is that located on?

10. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    If you go to MENU, SYSTEM, it should be there. If not, you need to run the IAMENEDGECUTTER search mentioned by dcowboy7 above. /steve

11. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I don't think "remember last sort order" is a stock option. I believe it's only available after EDGECUTTER. I could be wrong on that, tho. I know MISC options are only available after EDGECUTTER on new boxes. /steve

12. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    So the sort order accessed via the yellow button is meant to be just temporary? Seems kinda odd why they would leave that as an Edge Cutter only option as many should like to use that.

13. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Thanks, I tried exactly what dcowboy7 said, but I never get the hidden menu. I hold the Menu and Info button on the front panel and nothing happens. I do have an HR22, so maybe that is the problem.

14. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    National and CE "functions" will differ. Please "keep CE in the CE forum"

15. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Agreed, that is why I was just talking about how the yellow button playlist sort function works on a totally NR HR22 ;)

16. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    "we were" doing fine until about post #6. :)

17. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Ok, I understand if you are on the CE release, you can save a sort. If I am on the national release,
    is there any way to save the sort type for a playlist? Or will it always default back to sorting by date?

18. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    The yellow button should give you the options from post #2.

19. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Apparently not. I assume the default is "Date", newest on top. /steve

20. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I have read post #2 and I can sort several different ways, so that is not a problem. When I exit the playlist and go back, it always defaults to sort by Date (New). I have an HR22 and am experiencing the same thing that Grentz states below.