Please explain my order to me (pic of order)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by 996911, Aug 30, 2010.

1. 996911

996911 Go Pack!

Aug 24, 2006
    Tobacco...
    So, I am supposed to have an install done at the end of the week and I am having a tough time understanding exactly what this order is stating will take place. What the CSR told me and what I have been told by others is conflicting so I assume this order is the "black and white" of what the installer will do, correct?

Please interpret for me. Thanks so much in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Sartori

Sartori Legend

Nov 15, 2008
    Whats to interpret...You getting an HD DVR installed...

3. 996911

996911 Go Pack!

Aug 24, 2006
    Tobacco...
    Maybe I wasn't clear. I am looking for what does each line item represent? And no, my order is not limited to a HD DVR and that's all. I'm trying to understand what D* has represented in the order.

If you know how to interpret each line item for this order EXACTLY reports then I welcome your comments.

4. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    ICK is Internet Connection Kit.

The rest is "whole home" (MRV) and such.

5. 996911

996911 Go Pack!

Aug 24, 2006
    Tobacco...
    1. Equipment (box 1 added standalone)
    2. Equipment (box 2 added as a swap for the one I don't need anymore)
    3. I assume this is the old DVR that is being removed?
    4. Is the whole home dvr service install with internet connection kit

Does this sound right how I am interpreting the 4 lines?

Trying to understand what "offer" means in line 1 and what "plus" and "incl" mean in line 2

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Why don't you just call DirecTV and have them explain it to you?

7. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    +1. Anytime anyone ever has a question, we should forget about the helpful community we have here and wait on hold to ask a clueless CSR before posting.

8. 996911

996911 Go Pack!

Aug 24, 2006
    Tobacco...
    I guess I need to clarify even further. My apologies as this form of communication isn't exactly my strong suit :)

I already ordered a system "upgrade" and spend 1/2 on the phone getting clarification on what would or wouldn't happen on my install this week.

After posting about it in the connected home sub forum I was told what my CSR stated was totally not worth it's weight and that only what is on the "ticket" is what matters.

The short version:

I have a R15 and HR20 in my home and just had a room addition added to the home and wanted to add another box (another HD DVR). In addition I wanted to do the whole home DVR but that my R15 was not whole home DVR compatible and it needs to be. I was told that I didn't have to buy another box and that the installer would install either a R22 or H/HR 2X unit in it's place.

THe thread where I was asking about the R22 in the connected home sub forum I was told VERY STERNLY that if I didn't pay for one or the CSR didn't have a line item for one there is NO WAY the installer is putting in the box I need and rather it will be a R16 even though the CSR put documented notes to make sure that the R16 wasn't an option since it would not be MRV compliant.

So, there is the short version of why I am trying to understand these line items. I logged into my D* account and that is what is listed for my install order. I'm trying to figure out if I need call D* today and cancel the install so the installer does not get their time wasted or if everything is as it should be.

THanks again everybody for all the help!

9. 996911

996911 Go Pack!

Aug 24, 2006
    Tobacco...
    ps. Mystery Man would please quit posting to my threads. You have offered ZERO help and nothing but passive aggressive attitude and condescension.

10. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    It's a luck of the draw. Not all csr's are clueless.

11. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Fine...good luck with your inquiry.

12. jpitlick

jpitlick Icon

Apr 19, 2007
    It looks like your order has two HD DVRs (1 DIRECTV HD-DVR (Offer) and 1 DIRECTV Plus HD DVR (Incl)) , an SD DVR (1 DIRECTV DVR - Swap), and the Whole Home Upgrade (necessary DECAs) and ICK on it.

Since you are only adding one HD DVR, but also want to upgrade the R15 to work with MRV, I would just question lines one and two. Let D* give you two DVRs and an R16. You can always deactive and return the R16 and be left with the MRV capable HD DVRs.

13. 996911

996911 Go Pack!

Aug 24, 2006
    Tobacco...
    Thank you. I have plenty of other members that have done a great job of explaining these things to me.

14. 996911

996911 Go Pack!

Aug 24, 2006
    Tobacco...
    Thanks jp.

I'm just confused why one is called a plus and one isn't and why one says "offer" and why one says "incl" when they would both be the same type of box???

15. sungam

sungam Legend

May 10, 2007
    I assume 'offer' vs 'incl' reflects what you'll be paying for that item, if anything. One HD DVR on some sort of offer, the other included. Why HD DVR vs HD DVR Plus is anybody's guess... but both do indicate the same thing as there is no 'non-plus HD DVR'.

16. 996911

996911 Go Pack!

Aug 24, 2006
    Tobacco...
    I did pay for one of them and the other I assume is the one the CSR assured me would be replacing the R15. Does that sound right?

17. xmetalx

xmetalx Godfather

Jun 3, 2009
    'Plus HD DVR' usually refers to the expired programming package that D* used to offer...

18. jpitlick

jpitlick Icon

Apr 19, 2007
    There is still line 4. That would be the R15 swap. Your order looks like it has two HD and on SD DVR on it. You should be good to go ahead with your order as is. If you get an R16 and have no need for it, just return it.

19. 996911

996911 Go Pack!

Aug 24, 2006
    Tobacco...
    Perfect, that's what I was hoping. I won't need the R16 so it will probably go back if I don't find a use for it and willing to add another $5 to the account.

I'll know the outcome of this on Friday between 8am-12p and post back :)

20. 996911

996911 Go Pack!

Aug 24, 2006
    Tobacco...
    wait a sec.....so now I have gone back over all the comments and XMETALX's comment makes me think they are referring to the package I have and will continue to have after the install rather than a HD DVR being added. FYI...my programming package is called "Choice XTRA + HD DVR". WHat do y'all think? Still think it's a piece of equipment? It sounds like XMETALX might be correct.

So if I interpret it that way it shows 1 HDDVR and 1 SDDVR swap with the PLUSHDDVR package? Damn, if that's the case, then we are going to have problems. I think a phone call is in order. DAMN! I did not want to spend the next 1/2 order dealing with this crap over the phone.