1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP-- HR20 with Destacker

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by gadgetfreaky, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gadgetfreaky

gadgetfreaky Banned User

Jul 5, 2007
    So I am in a ATT MDU reselling Directv. I have an HR20 and was told by ATT to use an SCD-4P52W so that I can see High Definition and have dual tuners. But when I plug that destacker in, I only get only odd transponders, not even ones. I happen to have an old Sonora D575D destacker and it shows both Odd and Even. I need the SCD evidently though to see high definition but it does not appear to destack the signal at all (which is weird given the Sonora will).

The light on my SCD-4P52W is green. I can't figure out what's wrong. Did ATT tell me the wrong destacker model? Is it a bad destacker? (which is what I originally thought since the Sonora worked). Some people are now saying I need a different model but nobody is sure.

PLEASE HELP.

2. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I would think any valid destacker would give you comparable results. However you need to know that any destacker is NOT going to give you the new mpeg4 feeds that the HR20 is capable of receiving. The most you will get are the mpeg2 HD feeds.

Carl

3. gadgetfreaky

gadgetfreaky Banned User

Jul 5, 2007
    Well I appear to get all the transponders on the D575D except for three of them. Those three are 18, 26, and 28.

I only get satellite 101 however as they told me to configure it as a round dish.

I believe the SCD 4p52w destacker will give you those extra transponders which I guess are more HD channels.

ATT told me that I'll get HBO, Showtime Discovery HD etc as well as locals in HD.

I am not sure why the SCD is supposed to get more transponders or more satellites but I am hoping it does. And I would love to know why it's showing no even transponders.

4. gadgetfreaky

gadgetfreaky Banned User

Jul 5, 2007
    Turns out the advantage of the SCD destacker is that it shows a good chunk of the HD channels. A sonora destcker won't show any.

My issue now though is why it is only showing odd transponders. Seems like that would be a destacker problem but before I return it I'd like to be sure its not something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.