Plz any idea where to find,

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Clato, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 1, 2008 #1 of 34
    Clato

Clato Banned User

Aug 30, 2007
    hello all,Hope you have a good weekend?

With the invention of the internet one aspect of it HAS made our lives easier & that is being able to find information or buy items from around the world,:eek2:
    WELL maybe someone on this planet has seen this in their local store & can let me know where to buy these 2 things that I have been looking for,for the last 30 years

I have looked in Florida,Georgia,NYC,(where ALMOST possible) to buy anything you want,and many other places I have looked all over:rolleyes: ,with no results,:nono2: maybe YOU can help PLZ.

WHAT ARE THE ITEMS,

a SPECIAL built washing machine,like those seen on tv's
    you put the clothes in all dirty,smelly,REALLY YUCKKY,

then when you reach in to get them after the washing cycle,they are,ironed,pressed,folded,nice & clean:eek: :eek:

and
    a SPECIAL coffee pot,
    again like on tv, that when brewing coffee
    make "'THAT NOISE"

poop, poop poop,poop poop poop,

poop pooop pooop poop::coffee :goofygrin

have been looking STILL looking for these 2 items

any idea where to buy

2. Feb 1, 2008 #2 of 34
    smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    I don't think you'll ever find them...

3. Feb 1, 2008 #3 of 34
    Nick

Nick Charter Gold Club Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    1. No such machine exists. Find and use a local laundry that offers "Fluff & Fold". Get a wife, or pay a housekeeper to do your laundry.

2. Get an old-style percolator coffe pot. The sound you describe is "perk, perk, perk", not "poop, poop, poop!" :D

Google on "percolator".

4. Feb 1, 2008 #4 of 34
    Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    The first item is called a "Wife". I have yet to find one that works properly though. :D

5. Feb 1, 2008 #5 of 34
    dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    TRUE!

However, I heard the Microsoft is coming out with Wife 2.1 Beta which includes laundry folding. I heard that it's a lot prettier but much slower!:lol:

6. Feb 5, 2008 #6 of 34
    Selenna

Selenna Fair Lady of the forums DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 18, 2004
    Consider this the obligatory "you're all a bunch of chauvinists" female reply for the "wife" comments. :flaiming

No, I'm not really offended (life's too short... takes a lot more than that to set me off) but figured I should make my token stand for women everywhere who hate to do laundry as much as you do. ;)

--Sel

7. Feb 5, 2008 #7 of 34
    Sirshagg

Sirshagg Hall Of Fame

Dec 29, 2006
    I thought the issue with these is the hidden costs.

8. Feb 5, 2008 #8 of 34
    Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2006
    ~rofl~ I was going to say he needs to find a wife as well. My husband does not even know where his closet is! (Yes, I know, he is EXTREMELY spoiled)

9. Feb 5, 2008 #9 of 34
    Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    That is mighty nice of you :)

10. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2006
    ~giggles~ Yes, well that is just how I am!

11. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    As I may have mentioned here a time or two, I haven't yet figured out what that room containing a big box with two doors, this thing that water runs into when you twist a handle and the thing with four flat round spiral things on top (I thought it was a quadraphonic record player, but my records melted when I turned it on) is for.

12. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2006
    ~laughs~ Sounds like my husband!

13. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    So, what IS that room anyway?

14. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    Yeah, well just remember how well Bob turned out!

John

15. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2006
    It is usually centrally located in your house, and you probably pass through it multiple times to access other rooms in your home. However, as you have never used anything located in this room, it is of no consequence to you.

(It took me a minute to figure it out...)

16. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    What if we put a TV and DVR in that room (like we were talking about in another thread) - would my wife enjoy doing the laundry more?

17. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2006
    I doubt considering I spend very little time in the laundry room itself- our dogs are in there (See the other post in OT for pics!) and I just swap out laundry and take the dry stuff to another room to fold.

That kitchen place Richard mentioned - I would probably enjoy a TV in there - does not necessarily have to be a DVR though.

18. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    Ah!!! That's it!!! It's called a KITCHEN!!! I had forgotten. It's on the side of the entry hall at the house so I never have to go in there. I don't like that room since that thing in there destroyed my records. ;)

19. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2006
    ~giggles and then just outright laughs~

It was not very nice to your records now was it?! Good thing you don't ever need that room!

20. dbconsultant

dbconsultant Hall Of Fame

Sep 13, 2005
    Temecula, CA
    1. That washer is at an actual place - it's called "The Cleaners" but they are the only ones allowed to own it so you take your smelly stuff there and they use that machine and when you come back and give them money, they give you the clean, pressed and folded clothes!

2. Only a man would want a coffee machine that went "poop poop poop" - if my machine made these noises, I wouldn't drink the coffee!:barf:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.