1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Po'ed at Directv

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by admdata, Jun 29, 2011.

1. admdata

admdata Legend

Apr 22, 2011
    Ok A little setup first, Right now my directv is turned off from (lack of payment), I tried to call them up and I do (in the future) want to restore my directv service, after my $$$ is in better shape, so I did make a small payment (not the past due amount), and I wanted to suspend my service till I get the account fully paid off, well I called Direct and got stuck in there automated system, and could not get transferred to a a csr to make some notes on my account.

Sorry need to vent!!!!

Love the service but there automated system needs to go!!

2. SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    Just say "cancel" and you'll get someone quickly.

3. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    Ca their phone number then hit 0. Then when the bot talks stay silent then hit 0 again. Basically hit 0 at both prompts and don't talk to the computer. It's always worked for me.

4. admdata

admdata Legend

Apr 22, 2011
    >Ca their phone number then hit 0. Then when the bot talks stay silent then hit 0 again. Basically hit 0 at both prompts and don't talk to the computer. It's always worked for me.

OK I will try that and see what happens!

5. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    All you have to do is say the department you want and then after it confirms it just say operator. That way you don't have to get transfered once you do get to someone by spamming 0.

6. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    You can only suspend if you have no balance due on your account.

7. curt8403

curt8403 Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2007
    I was just about to say the same thing. I would add, if you want the account to stay inactive, but not pay huge interest rates on the bill, pay all but 1.00 of what is due.

8. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    admdata,

May your finances get back into great shape soon.

Good luck,
    Tom

9. admdata

admdata Legend

Apr 22, 2011
    thank you all for your replies, to update I sent Direct a e-mail and they got back to me within 4 hours, long story short I will have to pay the past due balance to reactive my account so I can supend the service (go fig) :eek2: then I will pay the balance fully off and reactive just before (hopefully) football season!

10. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    I once had a girlfriend like that. :rolleyes:

May your fortunes improve, admdata. :)

11. xmguy

xmguy Active Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    Ditto. I've been there too. Had to suspend my cellphone last year for the same reason. We all go through hard times. I wish you the best.

12. MattScahum

MattScahum Legend

Oct 26, 2010
    +1..we get these types of calls all the time in new sales, and it takes longer to transfer the customer because we have to put you directly BACK into the system so you can say operator or cancel. hopefully your finances get back in order. I've been through that and it is a terrible feeling.

13. wilsonc

wilsonc Legend

Aug 22, 2006
    I understand and appreciate that you are trying to make good on your account. However, don't you think Directv could offer better service if everyone paid their bills when due? You can't fault them for poor service, when ultimately you haven't held up your part.

14. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    I hate the automated system as much as anyone, but I see your point. Probably won't be popular here, but I have to admit thinking along similar lines when I saw the thread.

I would say that while no one is immune from financial difficulties in this environment, one should prioritize and address the unnecessary expenses before the fundamental items. The best approach would have been to call DirecTV during the billing phase you last paid in full and ask about suspending your account. To let it slide just to watch TV isn't really the way to go IMO.

15. admdata

admdata Legend

Apr 22, 2011
    An update:

I know this is an old thread.

Anyhow, I start a new job Tuesday 7/26/11, as you can see in my sig Directv closed my account (no I don't blame them) they had the right, because I didn't do my part (pay the bill), so after I get caught up with all of my bills (including D*) I am think I will go back, right now I have basic cable from the local cable company (ch 2-24), it is $21.00 a month I can live with that.

When I do go back to D* I am going to buy all of my receivers(2 hr24's, 1 h25, and 1 h24), have a 2" OD Pole in the ground for the Slimline dish that I will need, and in time I will replace my CRT SD tv's with new LCD HDTV's, but the ground work will be there, all of course on a swim system with MRV.

But for now it will be basic cable with 2 tivo's (1 DT and 1 Series 1)

Anyhow thank you all for your good wishes, and in a couple of weeks my $$$ situation will improve!!

16. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Woohoo and congrats on the new job!

17. admdata

admdata Legend

Apr 22, 2011
    yes I will be leaving for the new job at 10pm EDT

and thanks for the well wishes!!!

18. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Best of luck and I bet you can't wait for that paycheck!

:D

19. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Congrats on the job .. Sucks it's late (well, it'd suck for me), but you gotta do what you gotta do. I fully understand that.

20. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    That's great news! Congrats and good luck!

Kevin