DBSTalk Forum banner

Point dish for rv camper

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  peds48 
#1 ·
I have a slimline don't know what kind has 1 lnb. Power inserted and a HD receiver. I am having trouble getting a signal. Getting 0%. I just recently had the genie installed at my house and took a receiver that was hooked up to it and am trying to use it in my camper. I am staying in it for several months out of state for work. I am willing to pay to get it hooked up bit seems like I should be able to hook it up myself. Don't know if the genie is messing me up or I just can't aim it right or something else. I am staying in Florida New York in Orange County if anybody knows how I can find a installer or give me some ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Since I am paying for the Sunday ticket and already missed week one.

#2 ·
you need to provide more info

1. does the LNB has 1 or 4 outputs
  2. what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..
  3. do you even have LOS (line of sight) Check www.dishpointer.com

#4 ·
Since you have a SWM LNB, it is very important to know the receiver model number as not all receivers are SWM compatible

#5 ·
I am having the same problems. I just got an RV kit with slimline dish and 3LMB with 4 outputs, #SL3K4NR1-01. It's HD but not SWM. My receiver is model #HR22-100. I set up the dish using the information provided on receiver for my zip. Got good signal on meter (I think). Still getting 775-PROBLEM COMMUNICATING WITH DISH .

#6 ·
Toad142 said:
I am having the same problems. I just got an RV kit with slimline dish and 3LMB with 4 outputs, #SL3K4NR1-01. It's HD but not SWM. My receiver is model #HR22-100. I set up the dish using the information provided on receiver for my zip. Got good signal on meter (I think). Still getting 775-PROBLEM COMMUNICATING WITH DISH .
You need to change your receiver dish settings

Here are the steps to change the dish settings.

From the Menu

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to - select Parental, Favorites, Setup - press Select button

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to highlight - select System Set Up - press Select button

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to highlight - select Satellite - press Select button

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to highlight - select Repeat Satellite Setup - press Select button
Follow the on screen instructions and press the - Dash button

A new screen will be shown

Use the Arrow buttons navigate to Switch - then press the Select button

In the drop-down box use the Arrow buttons to highlight 02 Multiswitch then press Select button

Use the Arrow buttons and highlight Dish Type - press the Select button

In the drop-down box use the Arrow buttons to highlight 03-Slimline 3LNB then press the Select button

Use the Arrow buttons to navigate to Continue until you can hight light - Watch DirectTV

#13 ·
My receiver model # is h23-600
Are you sure is not an HR23?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

#14 ·
If is indeed an HR23, make sure to specify SINGLE tuner at the appropiate step if you only have one cable connected to the receiver

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.