Poor Customer Service

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by wilssm, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilssm

wilssm Mentor

Aug 31, 2007
    I upgraded to the vip622 receiver and HD programming,was set up for install on Sept 5,2007 between 12noon and 5:00pm. My wife made sure not to schedule herself to work so someone would be here. On the night before I moved all my television and furniture away from the wall and moved ceiling tiles from the family room ceiling so the tech would have easy access to everything. When I arrived home at 3:20pm from work no installer had arrived, waited until 5:30pm no tech arrived or no phone call. I called customer service and was told by csr that she would check into it after being put on hold she came back and said our installer was on his way. At 6:15pm I received a phone call from echostar in Pgh,Pa and was told the installer was hurt on his last job and would not be coming (how convienent). My wife spoke to a supervisor who said she wasn't sure why the installer wasn't coming and rescheduled us for Sept 7, 2007, my wife asked if we could be compensated for our waste of time and was told recall customer service again and ask to speak to a another supervisor. My wife called and spoke to a csr supervisor in Colorado, who was very helpfull and are going to comp us one free month of our service. Needless to say I am very pleased with Colorado customer service and think echostar customer service in McKeesport, Pa Sucks (I live in this area) Thanks for letting me vent.

2. 585960

585960 Legend

Feb 4, 2007
    you got a big heart. tech gets hurt and you missed work. Boo hoo. What a croc. Compensation, some people..............:nono2: :nono2:

3. Tubbie

Tubbie Cool Member

Jun 21, 2007
    I think he's probably a little bit upset that Dish didn't even give him a courtesy phone call stating that there's some sort of problem and a tech wouldn't be available to come out.

-Tubbie

4. wilssm

wilssm Mentor

Aug 31, 2007
    I find it hard to believe the tech got hurt he was behind and just wanted to go home at the end of the day. If the tech truly got hurt someone should of been able to cover for him, that's the way it works in my job.

5. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    We all know they over book techs so if your not the first stop of the day you will be late or a no show. Both DISH and D* are guilty.

6. 585960

585960 Legend

Feb 4, 2007
    BS. Sometimes **** happens. I always try and do the best job I can. If a tech does get hurt and can't make it, you have to realize that other techs have their workload too. Do you know that EVERYDAY a tech rolls out with 12- 15 hours of work? That does not include drive time. If a particular job is to go, and go correctly it takes sometimes 20 minutes (or more) to lay the job out correctly before actuall starting of the job. That includes LOS, grounding, where lines go. And if there are new cable runs, etc. Dude, you need a dose of reality, and humility. Most techs try and do the best they can when the odds are stacked against them. :nono2: :nono2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.