Hello, I am posting this story purely in case someone important at DirecTV reads the forums so that they may be aware of what is going on. I had an install done in the State College, PA area done Saturday, August 23rd. When I scheduled the install I was given the 800 number for Ironwood Communications, and that is who I communicated with leading up to the install. The installation was scheduled for 8AM-12PM. Around 9AM I received a call from the tech saying that he hadn't left the office yet because "their equipment hadn't yet come in" but that I was his second install. 12PM rolls around and I haven't heard anything from the tech, so I call him (I had his cell phone number from the call he made) and he says he's finishing up the first job and will be there in about an hour (1pm). Around 2pm, no word yet, so I call him again and he says he is just leaving the other job and will be there in an hour. So, he finally shows up around 3pm. When he gets here, he only has ONE of the two HD DVRs he is supposed to have for my install, and the only dish he has in his truck is one that was either used or had been beat up in his truck that looks like it went through a tornado. It had scratchs all over it. Eventually he chased down a tech on the phone to drop off the second HD DVR. (On a side note, both HD DVRs were refurbished HR21-200s. I think it is pretty poor that brand new customers get refurbs). Beyond that, I was supposed to have two AM21s brought to the install (they were even listed on his work order) but he didn't have them and didn't even know what they were (I did call DirecTV and get them to ship me out the two AM21s, so that issue was resolved). He also ran out of double grounded wire and had to get some from the guy who brought the second HD DVR. So anyway, I had an SWM8 that I purchased myself and installed myself ahead of time in case the installer had no clue what was going on. Sure enough, he had never even heard of SWM and was amazed when I told him that it only required one line to each DVR. He also argued against the necessity of grounding anything, though I pushed and he did it (I don't know if he did it right, however). He had an easy job from me, all he had to do was install the dish and run the cables to the SWM. I hooked up the HD DVRs to my TVs myself. So, he installed the dish and I thought all was well until we started to run through the setup. I started looking at the signal strengths and noted that I was getting signal levels from 20-60 for 99c and 103c (101, 110, and 119 were all fine). I pointed this out to him, and he told me that those satellites "aren't used for anything, all of the HD comes from 119". When I tried to explain to him that he was wrong, he blew me off and refused to correct the signal strengths. He activated the boxes and left around 6pm. After he left, I took a stab at fixing the signal strength issue, and I noticed that he hadn't installed the mast plumb. About an hour after he left Ironwood called and asked him if he had left my job yet, because another customer was calling, wondering where he was. This means, around 7pm he had yet to reach one of his customers to let them know what was going on. At this point, I told Ironwood about the dish alignment problem and they more or less wrote me off, saying they "would email someone about it". The tech had given me his supervisors phone number, so in the morning, I called it and he answered and had a guy call me to say he would come out and fix it. The guy showed up about 45 minutes after he said he would, and then basically tried to tell me there was no way he could align the 99 and 103, and that this was as good as it would get. I told him that the mast wasn't plumb, and he said that it didn't need to be. He kept telling me that I wasn't letting him do his job. He tried to put BBCs on the HD DVRs (a no-no with SWM), and then when I told him not to, he literally left my house and said he wasn't going to help me. My fiance went out and sweettalked him, and he came back and did a little bit of work on the dish. At this point I was getting signals in the 75-85 range on 99/103. I told him this was sufficient for now, and let him on his way as he obviously didn't know what he was doing. I talked to the supervisor again and told him what the status was, and he said that I should be ok with 75-85 (probably true, I guess, but subpar in my opinion) but to call him if I had any problems and they would come out again. I went out and looked, and the mast was in the exact same non-plumb place. I did a little bit of work on the dish and was able to get the mast plumb and my signals on 99/103 up to 86-95 range in about 15 minutes of work. Why I, someone who had never touched a satellite dish in his life before, was able to figure out how to fix the problem when these two guys couldn't and/or wouldn't do it is beyond me. I also found out while the second installer was here that these guys don't even work for Ironwood, their company (they never gave me the name) is subcontracted by Ironwood. This seems like a shady practice to me, which makes it even harder to track the quality of installations. Anyway, I had an overall very sub-par installation by a company that was subcontracted by Ironwood and I wanted to make sure the story was documented in case anyone of importance were to read it. Thanks for listening.