1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor quality HD signal

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by DQC, Oct 8, 2018.

1. DQC

DQC New Member

Oct 6, 2018
    Overall a less than perfect picture on all my HD stations, and on live sports (Football) games on my local stations picture is not the best and close up viewing of cameras onto the playing field the pixeling is terrible, can't make out any sense of what is being shown.

I had a service call and the tech said my signal was fine, but commented on the crappy picture.I do believe Dish knows about this and wouldn't be surprised if they had something to do with this. This all started before Hurricane Florence, again my signal is ok..

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Sometimes the signal supplied by locals is no so good.

Michael P likes this.
  3. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Is it possible to connect your TV directly to an OTA antenna to compare picture quality?

4. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    You did not specify which Dish receiver you have, but make sure your TV is connected HDMI or component and that the receiver is set to output either 1080i or 720p, whichever your TV utilizes.

It has been heard of that the receiver is stuck on 480p out of the box, even though it shows 1080i or 720p, if so try changing the output to 480p and then back to 1080i or 720p and see if that gets its attention.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    there are a lot of other factors affecting PQ than just a signal level, likes settings for your TV and the dish device - what model is your ?