1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portrait studio operator CPI shutting down

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Cholly, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
  2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Whatever happened to Olin Mills?

3. kenglish

kenglish Icon

Oct 2, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    Sad that they left the employees to try and salvage what photo orders they could....

Many years ago, while on leave from the Navy, my brother and I attended a special Christmas Concert by some well-known Southern Rock bands, and were asked to be the photographers to document it all (last minute gig, and they forgot to bring anybody in).
    When I got back to Southern Maryland, I took my film in for developing, only to go back a week later and find the place closed. UPS said the shipment of finished photos was "not deliverable" and returned them to the lab in Baltimore, which promptly burned them.
    So much for history.

4. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Check your local KMART or Belk store.

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    And Olan Mills was bought, their parent company handles JC Penney studios, and I believe Sears.

6. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Correct, Lifetouch, a employee owned company operates JC Penney Portraits, Target Portraits, & Olan Mills.

It appears though that CPI was operating portrait studios in the majority of Sears stores and that Sears is working with another processor (my guess Lifetouch) to fulfill portrait orders for their customers..