1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible cancellation due to weather?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by C*Tedesco, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C*Tedesco

C*Tedesco Legend

Jan 31, 2004
    So Direct TV suppose to come out this Saturday to install my 5NLB but the weather is calling for rain. I'm assuming that Direct TV will not install in rain, but wanted to know if anyone has been in this situation.

thanks.

2. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan Active Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Probably depends on individual contractors. Mine came out in the snow and rain. It also may depend on what type if install is required. Roof mount or pole mount and if any cable runs are required for example.

Good Luck.

3. Mavrick

Mavrick Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    It all really depends on your installer for my sisters was installed on her roof during and extremely heavy downpoor something I would not have attempted. Where as a coworker of mine had his rescheduled because of weather during a light drizzle.

4. jiserrab

jiserrab AllStar

Feb 2, 2006
    I was told by an installer that they could install in inclement weather at their discretion but that D* wouldn't insure them should they have an accident.

5. digibob

digibob Legend

Dec 1, 2005
    It was raining before the installer showed up. It stopped when he arrived. And started again when he was finished. Pretty amazing.:D I ask him if he could install in the rain and he said it shold be fine. Luckly he didn't have to.

Good Luck,
    Bob

6. dsanbo

dsanbo Legend

Nov 25, 2005
    FWIW...My installer "prides itself" on doing installs "in any kind of weather.....except lightning....."!!
    Having been in the biz since 1949 (NO...NOT installing sat systems.....just antennas...:rolleyes: ) I believe them....and I'm impressed....although I AM curious as to what their insurance premium(s) might look like....:D
    BTW....They've done 5 (various types of) installs for me over the years....ALL of them top-notch!! No complaints!

7. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan Active Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Maybe some of these other folks that have had nightmare installs need to move to NH.:lol:

8. dsanbo

dsanbo Legend

Nov 25, 2005
    Yeah....We're hardy souls up this way.....Some of us a bit "bolder" than others, it would seem....;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.