1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible move to DISH....

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by RichManitoba, Apr 13, 2018.

1. RichManitoba

RichManitoba New Member

Sep 24, 2012
    WI
    I've never had DISH, but a distant relative(who is no longer with us) did. I was familiar with it, but not so much now. DirecTVs price increases, disappearing discounts and horrible CSRs have me starting to look to DISH. Spectrum is not an option since their technology is still in the 90's.

Currently, I have the whole home service, with an HR 54 Genie with clients, one a 4K.

Would anybody who's had both services care to comment and maybe steer me in the right direction regarding pluses and minuses to look at switching?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  2. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I have had Dish since 1999 and it is still a bargain for what channels we get. I still have my old vip211k (HDD & OTA), but Dish does have some new receivers out that work well I am told.

3. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Your best Dish counter to a Whole house Genie is the Hopper / Joey family. If 4K is an interest - get the Hopper 3 and the Joey 2 clients. Dish prefers clients be connected via coax. Since I've never had DirectTV - I can't comment on the differences of one to the other.

4. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    Joey 3 or 4k Joey clients.

5. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    You may not find DISH CSR's any better... :)

6. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I have not had any issues with the CSR's with Dish. Some are much more knowledgeable than others. At times I have called back to see if I get a different answer. Sometimes I do.