1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible to order an H25 from DirecTV?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mjwagner, Dec 10, 2012.

1. mjwagner

mjwagner Icon

Oct 8, 2005
    Is it possible to order an H25 from DirecTV? It is not listed on their website. Due to space limitations at the install location only an H25 with the RF kit will work. If they can be ordered from DirecTV will they send them for self install or do they require a truck roll? Thanks.

2. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    All H2x are missing from my DirecTV too.

3. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
  4. mjwagner

mjwagner Icon

Oct 8, 2005
  5. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    Directv Charges an upgrade fee, of $50.
    Your aloud 1 upgrade after your first 12 month where they will waive the fee.
    They also charge shipping and handling. Put it this way, when i wanted my H25 on month 4 of my commitment, Directv wanted to charge me $198.

So don't think for a second Directv is always going to give you a better deal.

I paid $105 with Tax from Solid signal and had it in 3 days.

If you don't believe me about the Fee, then call them and find out for yourself.

6. mjwagner

mjwagner Icon

Oct 8, 2005
    Apparently it depends. Been a subscriber for over 12 years or so and have never been charged an upgrade fee. All of the receiver upgrades that I have gotten directly from DirecTV have been either free or highly discounted. Hence my original question.

7. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    Unless you upgrade 2 times a year you would never know.;)

I'm telling you Directv only allows 1 Free Upgrade per year. And by Free upgrade that means they waive the $50 upgrade fee. Not give you free equipment..

Although Directv does give customers good deals too, But if you have done an upgrade in the past 11 months, you are not going to get the deal your looking for.

8. mjwagner

mjwagner Icon

Oct 8, 2005
    Like I said, it apparently depends. I have ordered 3 new rcvrs within a 6 month window at a discount and returned 2 (1 was an owned rcvr) all at a discount and an "upgrade fee" was never mentioned. Honestly if they tried to charge me an "upgrade fee" I'd be on the phone with retention. Although to be honest I have never really said anything to them about "upgrading". I have just had them send me the new rcvrs and then after activation I just deactivate the old ones. Never had a problem.

I certainly believe that they have tried to charge you an "upgrade fee", just saying that it has never happened to me. Anyway, was not really looking for a debate.

Now, back to the original intent of the thread. What I was really trying to determine before I call is whether it is possible to specify and receive an H25 or does it fall under the ... We can't guarantee what model HD rcvr you are going to get.... Policy ?

9. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    I have 2 H25s that I specifically asked for. The operator told me that he would do everything in his power to get the notes to read H25. Told me that if I did not get the H25, to just refuse them and order from Solid Signal. They did bring two H25s.

10. mjwagner

mjwagner Icon

Oct 8, 2005
    Will only order from DirecTV if I can do it without a truck roll. No offense to DirecTV techs but I don't let them touch my equipment.

11. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    I moved and hade Direct come out and hook up the equipment, while I was on the phone I ordered a box for my sons room, they brought out a H25 and they charged me $50 for it (it was 1/2 price). So they do have them still..

12. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot Godfather

Jan 6, 2009
    I've found many "owned" C31, H24 and H25 cheaper than the Solid Signal Price.

Rather have a cheaper owned unit than a lease unit anyway.

13. samrs

samrs MANC

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
    I think for the most part Directv ships out free H21 refurbs, UPS just drops it on your doorstep and runs. Techs normally have newer stuff on their trucks, like H25's, the wall mount and RF thingy. If you schedule an AM I'll call at 7:30 and you can ask, it can be rescheduled by 8am. I don't really want to touch your stuff. Hand me a cup of Coffey and I'll watch you sweat, I'll even let you use my handheld to activate.:)

14. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    Yea where? Ebay ? Wow what a surprise.:rolleyes:

15. SomeRandomIdiot

Jan 6, 2009
    I've yet to see an owned C31 on eBay, but whatever. eBay owners of "owned" units have an inflated idea of what they are worth.

16. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    So where is this abundent amount of Directv owned receivers for sale then?

17. SomeRandomIdiot

Jan 6, 2009
    Perhaps you should do a little homework yourself. Really not that hard. I've purchased 4 owned HR34 in the last 60 days and 3 HR24s, which is why I had to go the SWM32, so the supply is out there.

From the same standpoint, you better call the access card department and verify the unit is actually owned wherever your purchase it from - or you might end up buying a unit like the one in this ad from a "Directv Employee" and the Access Card Department will tell you it is stolen after the "Directv Installer" fraudelently obtained a card that was put on a customer's account and can never be activated.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ele/3460310281.html

18. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    Yea OK Craigslist, sorry no buying other people leased equipment. And I don't live in LA.

If the supply was so abundent of HR34 owned for less the a leased price, well everyone would have one.:lol:

19. SomeRandomIdiot

Jan 6, 2009
    Well, considering i have purchased 4 at less than leased price in last 60 days and know of at least 3 others for less $300 available today, to me, thats a pretty good supply of "owned" HR34.

If you buy ANY so called "owned unit", whether ebay, craigslist or garage sell and YOU do not call the Access Card Department first, you deserve the boat anchor/door stop when you get it to your house.

20. Vin

Vin Legend

Mar 29, 2004
    This thread from December asks (but doesn't answer definitively) what I'd also like to know, i.e., as a 15 year subscriber with 5 HR2x DVRs on my account, I now have a need for the very small H25 and was wondering what the chances of getting one from DirecTV are. The way I've always done it in the past is I'd get them to agree to credit my account upon activation of the DVR that I chose to buy from a third party, Solid Signal, etc. Will this also be the only way to guarantee an H25?

Two other concerns I have are:

1) I have a hybrid WHDVR set-up with 4 of my HD DVRs on a SWM8 and the 5th connected to a WB68, all connected through my router. I realize the H25 requires SWM so I'm prepared to move one of the 4 HD DRVs from the SWM8 to the WB68, thereby freeing up room for the H25. Assuming an H25 can be specifically requested, will my current arrangement make it less likely that a CSR will send me one? Like the TS, I'm only interested in self-install.

2) The room where I want to put the H25 has RG59, not RG6....will that be a problem?

Also, I don't need to find an owned one, I'm not concerned about the 2 year lease agreement...I'm a 15 year customer and don't plan on leaving.