1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTENTIAL BUG: 1 Tuner Black Screen

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by airpolgas, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airpolgas

airpolgas Godfather

Aug 12, 2002
    I was recording 24 last night from the Los Angeles HD feed using tuner 2 (default). I am in Single Mode. When we decided to watch it, around 9:38, I hit DVR twice, highlighted 24 from the list, hit Select, then selected Start Over - The screen went black. No picture and no audio.

I hit live but got nothing. I swapped to tuner 1, and luckily, it was tuned to the channel 11 Fox. I rewound a bit and recorded 24 again. I swapped back, and since I get nothing, decided to cancel my recording of the HD 24.

I first thought that the signal loss was due to the heavy rain, but found out later that was not the case.

When I am in tuner 2, the one the blacked out, I can't get any of my recorded shows to play. They are all black/no audio. The weird thing is I can FF or RW through the recording. If I switch to tuner 1, all the recordings play normally, including the HD 24.

It cleared up when I did a reset. I will test it again by starting over a currently recording program to see if I can duplicate it.

============

L352
    Single Mode

2. 65notch

65notch Mentor

Feb 15, 2006
    hmm, I had a similiar problem last nite as well. I was not recording 24, but I was watching a recorded show and tuner 2 would not work in the second bedroom.

Nor in single mode could TV2 watch anything except for the DVR show I was watching on TV1.

3. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    I have seen that problem too. It happened to me when the OTA digital feed of a local channel went off the air for a very short period of time and when it came back the video on the 622 never did. Changing to another channel never brought back the picture either. The only way that I found to get the picture back was to do a front panel reset.

Just about every problem that I have seen on the 622 seem to be related to OTA digital channel problems and, when they occur, the 622 doesn't seem to handle them well. Our local digital station are somewhat in a state of flux (many transmitter, PSIP, or transmission problems). They have been taking their digital stations down a lot and that seems to cause the 622 to have problems if you happen to tune in to one of those stations when they are off the air.

4. boylehome

boylehome Hall Of Fame/Supporter

Jul 16, 2004
    I had the same thing happen with last nights King of Queens when I tried to watch it this morning. I got the audio and video back by turning the power off then on.

5. airpolgas

airpolgas Godfather

Aug 12, 2002
    I have to add that I do not have OTA yet setup on the 622, if that will help with the troubleshooting.

6. tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    I had the same problem with the 811 I think thisis a short comming with 8svp tuner

7. DAG

DAG Legend

Feb 7, 2006
    This was an HD signal broadcast by DISH as part of the nationwide start of adding on HD locals to your sat lineup?

8. airpolgas

airpolgas Godfather

Aug 12, 2002
    Yes. Post no. 5 - I do not have OTA (yet).

I thought it was the rain, but the rain won't affect my recordings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.