1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power inserter requirements

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Bsivley, Apr 16, 2018 at 7:59 PM.

1. Bsivley

Bsivley New Member

Monday
    I have a 2 TV system using a genie HR44-500 and a separate TV with a mini client. It is a SWM system but I have traced every wire and cannot find a power inserter anywhere. My question is are the power inserters no longer required and does the genie now provide SWM power.

2. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    You have a Hidden PI somewhere (perhaps) behind a Receiver or on the floor behind the receiver or connected to swm splitter.

HR54's have a Built in PI - The HR44's Do not!

jimmie57 likes this.
  3. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Is your system working ok? Why are you looking for the PI?

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    do you have DLNB (with internal SWim) or external SWiM switch ? how many cables goes from LNBF/dish ?

5. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    Follow the wire from the dish into the house. When a friend of mine had DirecTV installed in his high ranch (where his mother had a downstairs apartment), the cable came into the house inside of her bedroom closet (which is where Cablevision had run the cable before the apartment was built). Because of the nature of building a downstairs apartment out of an existing structure, there happened to be a power outlet in that closet. So, the installer plugged the power inserter into that outlet. When he went to look for the power inserter, it never occurred to him to look inside of his mother's bedroom closet, because it never occurred to anyone that there was an outlet in there.