1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power on not defaulting to last channel

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Ciege, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Ciege

Ciege New Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Recently, last week or so, when I turn on my HR34 it is on channel 201 (I think that's the channel) instead of the last channel I was watching before I turned it off for the night. Powering on the the last channel viewed is the behavior that it has done since I got the box and the behavior I want back.

I've looked all over for a power on channel setting in the settings menu (as there was on the COX DVR box that I switched from).

Can someone point me to the location of this setting? Or, if that setting doesn't exist, can someone point me in a direction to alleviate this issue?

Thanks!

2. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Does it do it that way all the time now?

The only time I've seen something similar was with an overnight update that rebooted the unit.

3. Ciege

Ciege New Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Yes, it happens every time now.

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    My DVRs, HR23 and HR24 will turn on with the channel on the last thing it did.
    If I record something on HBO after I have turned it off for the night, it will wake up on the HBO channel.
    If I don't record anything after I turn it off it will wake up on the last channel I was on.

Long way to get to "Are you recording anything there on that channel after you turn the unit off " ?

5. Ciege

Ciege New Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Nope, Channel 201 is the cinema channel (PPV stuff? I dunno, since I don't use it). So when I power up in the morning it has the Cinema channel on that shows previews for shows that you can buy through PPV. I can guarantee that I am not recording anything from that channel overnight.

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Yep, I can understand that since I do not do the PPV movies at all.
    My son asks "Why would we do that and pay for HBO, Showtime, etc. ?

Resetting the receiver might fix this for you.
    Be sure to use the first of the 3 reset options so it does not change any settings or lose any of your recordings.

7. Ciege

Ciege New Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Ya, resetting will be my next step. Will have to try that tonight when I get home...

Thanks...