PPV problems (help)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by miedwards72, May 10, 2008.

1. miedwards72

miedwards72 AllStar

Feb 23, 2007
    When I try to record from PPV it says that either my phone line or internet connection is not working or connected. When I do the test it says that I have an internet connection and I am networked and that the phone is good. I can use on demand and the internet on my computer, so I cannot figure out why i cannot record PPV. The internet connection should not be an issue anyway since this is PPV, not on demand. Actually it does record but it says what I described above. Any ideas? No parental controls are on. I have the hr20-100.

2. RobertE

RobertE Active Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Whats the exact message?

Have you always had a phone line connected?

3. miedwards72

miedwards72 AllStar

Feb 23, 2007
    It says Either your internet connection or phone line is not connected. I have always had a phone hooked into it. I have it networked and am using a splitter because I only have one phonejack.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Call DirecTV. They can check to be sure that your DVR is properly contacting their servers, either via phone or internet. Sometimes the connecting gets lost and they need to reestablish it.