Preferred Xtra cost channel linup

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Tritron, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Tritron

Tritron Member

Dec 7, 2019
    I was looking around the internet I found that Preferred Xtra does not charge local sports fee. I ready that the price is 99 a month is that true or hda it gone up. Where I can see channel linup

2. jal

jal Icon

Mar 3, 2005
    The channel lineup seems to be fluid. By way of example, I am on this package and I now receive sports channels that were formerly not included, such as NBC sports and am also receiving my local Regional Fox Sports. Don’t know if this is temporary. Showed up a few weeks ago. I checked on line to make sure my package didn’t get switched without my consent, and I’m still on Preferred XTRA. It’s actually listed as Worlddirect Preferred XTRA.

3. Tritron

Tritron Member

Dec 7, 2019
    How much are you paying a month

4. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    The standard channel lineup for Preferred Xtra is almost identical to Xtra except it does not include the following:

Sports: ACC Network (S), Big Ten Network*, CBS Sports Network*(S), ESPNews*, ESPN U*, Eleven Sports*(S), Fox Sports 2*, Golf Channel *, MLB Network, NBA TV, NFL Network*, NHL Network, Local Regional Sports Networks***(S), SEC Network, Sportsman Channel and TVG*(S)
    Children: Nick Jr.**, Universal Kids*
    Entertainment: FM

Notes:
    * – The billing system may add this channel back to your account as a $0.00 Complimentary Service for an undetermined amount of time. They are not normally part of Preferred Xtra.
    ** – Customers who had Select, Entertainment, Preferred Xtra or a grandfathered English base package prior to May 14, 2019 and opted into keeping Nick Jr. still have this channel. Anyone who has Choice and above (excluding grandfathered English packages and Preferred Xtra) who migrate to Preferred Xtra on/after May 15, 2019 lose access to Nick Jr.
    *** – Not all Regional Sports Networks are offered as complimentary services seems to be restricted to Fox Sports Regional Networks and NBC Regional Sports. Do not rely on the billing system to give you all your RSNs as complimentary services if you like sports. Example: A market with 4 RSNs may get 2 as complimentary services. If you like sports stay with Xtra and pay the RSN fee.
    (S) – These sports channels can be added back to Preferred Xtra with the Sports Pack premium add-on (reg price $13.99/mo)

Pricing:
    • Standard Pricing Construct (ARS/TV Fee(s) not included in price.) (All activations prior to 2016, mixed since 2016–present)
      • Regular Price before January 18, 2020: $99.99
      • New Regular Price effective January 19, 2020: $106.99
    • All Included 4TV Construct (Base package includes ARS and up to 4TVs in price) (Q1/4 2016 & Q1–3 2017 activations)
      • Regular Price before January 18, 2020: $136.00
      • New Regular Price effective January 19, 2020: $143.00
    • All Included 2TV Construct (Base package includes ARS and up to 2TVs in price) (Q2–3 2016 activations)
      • Regular Price before January 18, 2020: $129.00
      • New Regular Price effective January 19, 2020: $136.00
    • All Included 1TV Construct (Base package includes ARS and 1TV in price) (Q4 2017–present activations)
      • Regular Price before January 18, 2020: $122.00
      • New Regular Price effective January 19, 2020: $129.00
    Hope this helps!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  5. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    Yea directv added
    ESPN u
    ESPNews
    NFL
    Golf
    CBS sports
    Big 10
    Tvg
    Fs2
    Fox sports south
    Eleven sports
    Back to my acct at $0
    Channels were added at different times over about a week.
    Also I’ve since dropped to choice and then to entertainment and the channels added stayed in my acct. even if not included in the entertainment package. Once I dropped down to Entertainment a few more channels were added free
    Travel, GSN, Cooking and Sundance . Just to test out if they would stay on acct. I dropped to select package and they stayed on. Only difference in select and entertainment Was ESPN espn2 and fs1 and NBCS dropped. Besides about $17 drop in price.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  6. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Thanks :) I forgot about Golf and Eleven Sports. In most cases the complimentary services stay on but eventually some will start to go (like complimentary RSNs) when a programming change occurs (i.e. add a premium or discount) but gets added back on later. They usually get permanently removed once you go to a base package that has the channel.

7. jal

jal Icon

Mar 3, 2005
    I wonder whether these channel additions are intentional. I mean, why have a package specifically to avoid the regional sports fee by blocking the regional sports channel, then re-adding it intentionally?