1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premium Offers from 410-774-8549 !?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Tebbens, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Dec 5, 2009 #1 of 11
    Tebbens

Tebbens AllStar

Nov 10, 2004
    Recently I downgraded my package from Premier to Select Choice aka Select.
    I also dropped all my Premiums in favor of Roku/Netflix.

Now one week later I'm getting calls from "DirecTv"... my caller id shows CALL CENTER, MD 410-774-8549.
    They are trying to offer me any Premium for 1/2 price for atleast 6 months.

Anyone heard of these people.... is this legit ??

2. Dec 6, 2009 #2 of 11
    Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2009
    Mt. Morris, MI
    I got some calls trying to get me to subscribe to Sports Pack a while back, I said no and hung up. Forgot the number.

People have reported getting calls from DirecTV on this number since May '08

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-410-774-8549

I don't know if its legit or not though.

I saw a few months ago on this forum people saying imposters were doing this fraudulently, I don't remember the number they used either.

3. Dec 6, 2009 #3 of 11
    cariera

cariera Icon

Oct 27, 2006
    Why wouldn't this be legit? Do you think someone is going to spend their day calling Directv customers and offering HBO for $7 bucks a month and then not do it? Probably not. So what do you have to lose?

Don't give out any personal or account info, they should have that if they are legit and have them add the premiums.

Here's the potential downside:

1) The premiums do not get added, or

2) The premiums get added at regular price, in which case you call Directv, tell them you didn't authorize the premiums to be added at regular price, have them remove them and credit you for any costs.

Directv does use third party call centers, so this doesn't seem unusual.

Good luck.:)

4. Dec 6, 2009 #4 of 11
    ladannen

ladannen Legend

Oct 26, 2007
  5. Dec 6, 2009 #5 of 11
    tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    I didn't know DirecTV has call centers in MD now. Might be outsourced?

6. Dec 6, 2009 #6 of 11
    Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Icon

Dec 28, 2005
    I think they outsource all of their outbound marketing call centers. They only run such specials at limited times of the year so it would be far cheaper to have outsourced temps do it. I know they outsource the Sunday Ticket marketing calls.

7. Dec 6, 2009 #7 of 11
    Knowledge

Knowledge AllStar

Oct 30, 2009
    That is an out sourced, out bound sales team. And is a valid offer. It's a %50 off offer on 3 premiums. For 6 months you are billed $17 instead of the normal $34 then continues billing at full price after if not downgraded or canceled. It's a great deal and not everyone qualifies for the offer.

8. Dec 6, 2009 #8 of 11
    celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    So what determines if your qualified? darn i just joined netflix but i dont have roku, and i dont want to buy another blu ray player until i order my oppo bd83. I wish oppo would add netflix capabilities to there blu-ray player i would order it today! .Right now i'm holding off on getting a roku unless i can get in on a half price deal like i just missed on black friday.

9. Dec 7, 2009 #9 of 11
    Knowledge

Knowledge AllStar

Oct 30, 2009
    The level of service you keep. Payment history. How long you have been with D*. Just like anyother offer.

10. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    VEry likely, they use MAryland as the USA point of reference.

11. bishopthom

bishopthom New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    called today, came up as 'Maryland'. lady wanted to know why i recently disconnected my 'premier package'. had to tell her it was because my complimentary employee subscription ran out. i was laid off after fifteen years with directv. awkward.