1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Press Release: Dish Network Adds NHL Network HD

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by Rob Glasser, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    Press release just came out ....

DISH NETWORK® ADDS ANOTHER CHANNEL TO
    INDUSTRY’S LARGEST HD LINEUP

NHL Network HD Latest Example of DISH Network’s Best Variety in HD​

Englewood, Colo. – Oct. 18, 2007 – DISH Network®, home of the best sports and movies in high definition (HD) as well as the best HD DVR in the industry, announced today the launch of its latest HD channel: NHL Network HD. This addition brings DISH Network’s national HD programming lineup to 75 channels – the most offered by any pay-TV provider in the United States.

“For the past two years, DISH Network has pioneered the HD revolution by offering consumers the most HD channels – a fact that still holds true today,” said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “The addition of NHL Network HD is a score for hockey fans, who will benefit from the amazing graphic picture quality DishHD brings to the home viewing experience and who are now guaranteed to never miss a hat trick with the best HD DVR on the planet.”

NHL Network is the first national network dedicated entirely to hockey giving viewers unprecedented 24-hour access to the most comprehensive hockey coverage, both on and off the ice. NHL Network will broadcast 50 live regular-season games in addition to classic games, documentaries, instructional shows, highlights and more.

DISH Network offers NHL Network HD at the best total value. Subscribers to America’s Top 100 package (or above) with DishHD receive NHL Network HD free on Channel 403. NHL Network HD is also available to NHL Center Ice subscribers on Channel 559. DishHD is available free for six months to new customers, and new DISH Network subscribers may also receive a free upgrade to the company’s industry-leading and award-winning HD DVR receivers. Through Jan. 31, 2008, both current and new qualifying DISH Network DishHD customers may also enjoy up to $800 of instant savings on a variety of Sharp’s most popular line of flat panel HDTVs.

For more information about DISH Network, DishHD or the Sharp HDTV discount call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), visit www.dishnetwork.com or contact your local retailer.

# # #​
    About EchoStar Communications Corporation
    EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH) has been a leader for more than 27 years in satellite TV equipment sales and support worldwide. The Company’s DISH Network® is the fastest-growing pay-TV provider in the country since 2000, providing more than 13.585 million satellite TV customers with industry-leading customer satisfaction which has surpassed major cable companies for seven years running. DISH Network customers also enjoy access to a premier line of award-winning Digital Video Recorders (DVRs), hundreds of video and audio channels, the most International channels in the U.S., industry-leading Interactive TV applications, Latino programming, and the best sports and movies in HD. DISH Network offers a variety of package and price options including the lowest all-digital price in America, the DishDVR Advantage Package, high-speed Internet service, a free upgrade to the best HD DVR in the industry, and six months free of DishHD. EchoStar is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 300 company. Visit www.echostar.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474) for more information.

About NHL Network
    As the definitive hockey destination, NHL Network offers viewers a 24-hour all-access pass to complete hockey coverage both on and off the ice, including live NHL games featuring stars such as Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin. The network's daily signature show - NHL On The Fly - offers fans exclusive live look-ins to NHL games, including goals, shootouts, extended highlights, stellar saves, features, interviews, pre- and post-game reports, team press conferences, expert analysis from a variety of hockey insiders and former players, plus special event coverage from the NHL All-Star Game, NHL Stanley Cup Final and NHL Entry Draft. Additional NHL Network programming includes international and amateur hockey, player profiles, interview shows and youth-oriented programs. NHL Network is operated out of Canada and is available in the United States by contacting digital cable or satellite providers.

NHL is a registered trademark and the NHL Shield, NHL Network name and logo and the word mark Stanley Cup are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

2. space86

space86 Icon

May 4, 2007
    Bring on NBA HD

3. msmith198025

msmith198025 Member of the Year

Jun 28, 2007
    bring on the other 34 hd channels.....

4. CoriBright

CoriBright Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

May 30, 2002
    Whoopee, more sport :( :( :(

5. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Sorry if I missed the thread on it.

But how is Dish Network counting to get 75 channels?
    Wasn't it just 48 about 2 weeks ago?

6. DBS Commando

DBS Commando Godfather

Apr 6, 2006
    They're probably counting ALL of the locals and ALL of the RSN's. That can easily jack up their numbers.

The fact that they are playing a number game with D* is NOT a good sign IMHO.

7. msmith198025

msmith198025 Member of the Year

Jun 28, 2007
    yeah THEIR count was, and honestly that was liberal.
    More fuzzy math from the DBS boys! yay!

8. Hound

Hound Icon

Mar 20, 2005
    This is how I get there:

41 national
    22 RSN
    8 PPV
    4 local

D*
    47 national
    11 RSN
    8 PPV
    8 East and West local

I am not debating what is right or wrong or what it should be.

9. ScoBuck

ScoBuck Banned User

Mar 5, 2006
    These are obviously desperate attempts by Charlie. No one around here will buy into them.

Hey - can you believe the outrageous and misleading claims that DISH is making?

10. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    Thanks... that is what I was intrested in seeing..

11. ScoBuck

ScoBuck Banned User

Mar 5, 2006
    You are leaving off the other 15 or so RSNs that just like DISH are PART-TIME and GAME ONLY - that brings DirecTv up to about 90. And you should add in the NFL ST SF channels also - they too are PART-TIME and GAME-ONLY (and are on just about the same amount of time as the other part-time RSNS are). That makes DirecTV at about 100.

12. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    :backtotop

Sorry... I don't want to turn the additonal of the NHL Network (to any carrier)... into a "math" debate.

13. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Yes, please. We have counting threads!

(Lists, as usual, linked on my homepage.)

14. Schenley

Schenley Cool Member

Jul 1, 2007
    I have been waiting for the NHL network for years!!!

So glad it's finally here.

15. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    How many would you say we have now? ;)

16. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Start another thread to count the threads, if you must! :)
    I've lost count of all the counting threads. Doesn't anyone WATCH HD? :D

17. texaswolf

texaswolf Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2007
    funny...i have everything dish offers (according to them) minus the new nhl...i don't see anywhere near 75 channels...unless they are counting PPV...which i have to pay extra for....or the 4 big ten alternates...that only come on saturdays...and are blank the rest of the week

18. Skates

Skates Icon

Apr 15, 2004
    I'm very happy about this. I used to have NHL Network on ExpressVu and it was great because I could come home late and get an update on all of the day's games.

There - I admit it. I'm Skates, and I'm a hocky-holic...:grin:

And I don't want no cure...:D

19. texaswolf

texaswolf Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2007
    lol...understood....im the same way with Big 10 Sports.....GOTTA have the BTN!

20. Skates

Skates Icon

Apr 15, 2004
    They say admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Hiding the remote is the second...:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.