Pretty good deal on Sunday Ticket, etc.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by bobnielsen, Aug 16, 2013.

1. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    I have been a Directv subscriber for over 10 years and have subscribed to the Xtra package for several months. A few weeks ago I received a phone call from Directv (or an outside marketer - ??) offering me an upgrade to Ultimate plus Sunday Ticket and all Premium movie channels for an additional $5.99 per month for 3 months. After 3 months I could keep Ultimate at the regular price or downgrade if I wished. The premiums would go away at that time but I would continue to get Sunday Ticket for the rest of the NFL season in either case. There was a one-year Directv commitment, which was no big deal.

Essentially it was for Sunday Ticket plus 3 months of all Premium movie channels for $17.97, which sounds like a good deal to me :bink: . I initially turned it down but after receiving two more calls with the same offer I decided to go for it. I'll probably call next year and cancel Sunday Ticket before it renews.

2. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    I hope the call and the deal was legit. If not don't be surprised to see unexpected charges.

3. Old_School

Old_School Legend

Nov 28, 2011
    PA
    Never heard about the other goodies being offered but, i do know that Directv offered us Sunday Ticket for free with a one year agreement.. I guess they finally decided it was time to do something about all the calls for free Sunday ticket...

4. mmmason23

mmmason23 AllStar

Apr 26, 2010
    I got a similar deal last year but it was free extra inning instead of Sunday ticket. I think it's to get you to switch out of a legacy package. Though when they processed mine they messed it up and I still have a legacy package hahaha

5. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    I received a letter from Directv yesterday confirming the deal.

6. iwatchtv

iwatchtv New Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Got this offer today too. Any follow up on it? Any strange bills or did it work as they promised?