I had posted a while ago, both here and in CE Issues, about my HR21-700 getting hung up on "Step 2 of 2" when restarting after a CE download. Eventually, I would get a black screen showing "Searching for Satellite In 1 & 2." I replaced a barrel connector and a cheap cable I was using and problems have disappeared. Since I really wanted a right-angle connection at the wall, I bought a right-angle adapter from Radio Shack. This caused pixelation and audio break-up. What this tells me is that these setups are a little less fool-proof than I thought. The cheap cable and barrel connector worked OK when I used a regular AU9 with no multiswitch in the system.