Price Increase and no Free PPV

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Sandman, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandman

Sandman Godfather

Sep 23, 2002
    Received my statement with the price increase and a letter of explanation as to the price increase but not did not get any free PPV coupons, if I remeber correctly there were always free coupons when the price went up

Bob

2. ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    thank you for being a valued Dishnetwork customer :)

3. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    They know you cant switch to D* because thier prices went up more

4. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    I can give you like 7 Free PPV coupons if you want them. A couple are probably expired but I wont use them

5. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    Instead of a free PPV coupon, I received a $10 coupon, i.e. basically a $10 credit towards my bill, sort of as a one-time apology for raising rates. Compared to the normal $4 PPV coupon, this seems far superior. Did other folks receive this same coupon, or not?

6. Sandman

Sandman Godfather

Sep 23, 2002
    I didn't get any coupon, just an annoyed wife

Bob

7. rickc

rickc Mentor

Oct 7, 2005
    We just got our bill, and the $10 Coupon was enclosed.

8. ban_cable

ban_cable AllStar

Dec 6, 2005
    What the heck!!! I never receive it any PPV coupons or $10.

Also, I use one of the old PPV before the expiration date, mail it in and I still haven't seen any credit or rebate check yet. How long does this take? This was end of last November.

9. ColoradoDBS

ColoradoDBS AllStar

Jul 5, 2005
    Whether or not you got the ppv coupons depends on your package. With the new pricing of the movie channels some people's bills went down, but some went way up - like $8-15/mo. I think the coupons went to people with a specific programming combination that was particulary hard hit.

10. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    My bill went up a total of $3 + tax (AT-120 plus DVR fee). No coupons :(

We used to all get at least a free PPV or two. Granted, I havn't used them recently, but I did in the past (nothing offered in PPV recently has interested me enough to go through the trouble of using one of the free PPV coupons).

11. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    I never got any coupon either. I just got the annual bill. I think I will call them up and ask for it.

12. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    I believe ColoradoDBS may be correct. My total price went up $6/month, which seems to be higher than the average, so perhaps this is why I was one of the ones to receive the $10 off coupon.

13. twelveone

twelveone Cool Member

Nov 22, 2005
    I got a $10 coupon. I would rather have the $10 coupon than free PPV.

14. ban_cable

ban_cable AllStar

Dec 6, 2005
    I remember they mail me 3 free PPV coupons last year at different times. One was to get me to order movie packages.

15. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Actually since I subscribe to Playboy, my bill went DOWN. They now have an item on my bill that says America's Everything Pak Pak (sic) + Locals + Playboy. And the combined price is $6 less than I WAS paying......

Hopefully this is the start of a trend as they try the McDonald's trick...... Get you to add more to your subscription for a big price break (ie. one apple pie for 95 cents, 2 for $1).....

16. dishjim

dishjim AllStar

Oct 21, 2004
    I have aep + hd + voom and my price went up $15 and NO ppv or $10 coupons, time to reevaluate

17. RoyD

RoyD Cool Member

Jul 26, 2002
    I have AEP no ppv or $10 coupons
    Just a nice flyer about the Family pak may take em up on that now

18. red hazard

red hazard Legend DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 11, 2004
    I subscribe to the AEP and the only thing I got was the ole Dish Network BOHICA!

19. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    My bill said that "because I was a valued customer...we are enclosing a $10 coupon" yeah, no coupon enclosed anywhere. Can't say that I was surprised. Sent and email complaining, but as usual, no answer.

20. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    for those complaining...

Does your local gas station give you a free gallon of gas when they raise the price?

Does any place of business give something free when they raise the price? I would consider this a bonus and not an expected requirement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.