PrimeTime Anytime

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by redram38, Mar 10, 2014.

1. redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    I had Dish installed today with 2 hoppers and 4 Joeys, one hopper with sling. I set PT anytime to record on the sling hopper at about 6:30 pm and nothing recorded. Is this becasue I set it up after the 6pm Sunday start time? It is 11:46 pm CST now and nothing is showing. New to Dish and just wondering about the recordings.

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The first day or two can be "flaky" as the receiver downloads all of the information needed to run smoothly. It should run smoother tomorrow and settle in by Wednesday.

3. redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    Thanks for the reply. I have been with Directv for 16 years so this is all new for me. I have had 4 DVR's (8 tuners) for years so I am hoping the 2 Hoppers will do what we need. I have always kept shows sometimes for weeks before I watch. Can you save PT shows that long using PTAT

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    If you want a show longer than the 8 days set an individual timer. It will show up in timers as "skipped" as a Prime Time AnyTime event, but will show up in My Recordings and will remain in My Recordings until deleted.

1 person likes this.
  5. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    You must enable PTAT at least 15 minutes prior to the PTAT time frame otherwise it won't record until the next day.

6. david_jr

david_jr Godfather

Dec 10, 2006
    An easy way to save PTAT shows is to go into the PTAT folder and click on the show that you want to save. You will be given a choice to "Save This" or "Save Series". Once you click one of those the show will automagically move to your my recordings folder and then won't delete until you manually delete it.