1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prioritzer Full

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bbanks69, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Aug 3, 2009 #1 of 16
    bbanks69

bbanks69 Legend

Oct 19, 2007
    R15-100 {CE:14:08} 0x1274

I watch a lot of shows that come on different channels, and for me to record them all, I have to make multiple series links. if I could combine the links, then I would not have the problem that I am having which is running out of room in the prioritizer.

right now I have 50 series links, if I can combine the links that are on different channels, then I would be at about 35 links. can anyone help

Admin, I am putting this in two different locations, please delete the one that may be in the wrong place. Thanks

2. Aug 3, 2009 #2 of 16
    Keybounce

Keybounce Legend

Jun 19, 2009
    I have a very similar problem.

The prioritizer can't understand that east and west coast versions of stations are really the same station -- to record shows that show up on both takes two prioritizer slots.

"Just use one of the channels". Then there's no way to take advantage of the two showings at two different times -- one of the key benefits of having both feeds.

Seriously, 50 slots is way to small. Keep in mind that many shows that I want to record are on hiatus until later. I don't want to, but wind up forced to, take some off and replace them back later. I've already missed episodes when I didn't catch the "the show is now back on" moment.

3. Aug 3, 2009 #3 of 16
    armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Yep, but Drew2k and others are best at helping with boolean solutions .
    Best way is to combine individual channels shows with keyword search.

4. Aug 3, 2009 #4 of 16
    bbanks69

bbanks69 Legend

Oct 19, 2007
    is there somewhere on this site that will help me with this.

5. Aug 3, 2009 #5 of 16
    armophob

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Yes, I am searching now for the thread, it helped me combine my HBO and Comedy Central links.

6. Aug 3, 2009 #6 of 16
    Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
  7. Aug 3, 2009 #7 of 16
    armophob

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
  8. Aug 3, 2009 #8 of 16
    bbanks69

bbanks69 Legend

Oct 19, 2007
    Thank everyone for their help, this makes life a lot easier

9. Aug 3, 2009 #9 of 16
    ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Hey, I remember the day (not that long ago) that if you wanted to record the same show which appeared on multiple channels via prioritizer entry YOU COULDN'T!! Now I can record "Jeopardy!" on both my local LIL channel AND GSN channel 309 using two prioritizer entries!!

And it wasn't that long ago that you couldn't exceed 100 entries in the TO DO list on the R15/R16 either! (You can now but the counter stops at 100)

Count your blessings!! :D

10. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Be aware though that if you use one of the AutoRecord boolean searches, all the shows are grouped under one folder. For instance, if you use it to record all CSI shows you will have one folder that contains episodes from all 3 shows.

- Merg

11. armophob

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    That's true, and what makes that bad is that the title with the boolean is longer than the display. So at a glance, you cannot tell what is possibly in the folder.
    Steve, is there a wish list item to be able to give short titles to keyword searches?

12. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Why even have that as a Wish List item? They should just group the recorded epsiodes according to their show title. That way you would end up with a folder for each CSI show if you were using a boolean search to record all CSI episodes.

- Merg

13. armophob

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Trouble is then you have a mystery on your hands. Suppose your boolean search has to do with elm trees. All of a sudden you have a folder with 5 Nightmare on Elm street movies and you are scratching your head why?:scratch: That is just a simple representation of the multiple things that could start popping up if they were not grouped in a folder under the boolean search. I just want the ability to name it Comedy Central Catch all, or HBO series, ect.

14. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    This request has been on the Wish List for a while, in the "Search" category:

SEARCH/AUTORECORD matches should be grouped in folders named for the show titles, in SEARCH results or the PLAYLIST.

Regarding not knowing why a program was recorded, I'm pretty sure the program INFO and HISTORY entry for an AUTORECORDED show now shows you which AUTORECORD search scheduled the recording. If you hit INFO on the playlist, you should see the search string displayed in light blue text, below the Actor/Director/Writer info.

15. armophob

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Ok, that would solve that issue. Thanks again Steve. I need to revisit the wish list this weekend and go through each line again.

16. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    That's somewhat true. But think about recording all CSI's. You folder would have tons of episodes and all you would see are episode titles. You wouldn't know which show the episode belonged to without then pulling up the info for the episode. I hardly ever do that. I like to hit Play right from the Playlist.

- Merg