Private forum closing Wednesdayish

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - HR23 Discussion (private)' started by Milkman, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Nov 4, 2008 #1 of 11
    Milkman

Milkman Hall Of Fame

Dec 6, 2006
    Well all, this was my first official trial, and I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the atmosphere (of having a small group of testers in a private forum), I enjoyed the 'looseness' that we were able to have in this forum, and most of all I enjoyed giving feedback for this unit.

I sincerely do believe the D* looks at every major request/report very closely in the normal cutting edge forums, but I have to believe that they even more closely scrutinized EACH and EVERY single post with any problem in this forum. This was the closest I have felt to being part of the official D* test team, and I really enjoyed the opportunity, and as I said previously I would enjoy to have the opportunity again.

IF I am picked for another opportunity, I look forward to seeing some of you guys again in this type of atmosphere, but if not, I am sure I will see you in our normal CE anticipation threads! :)

2. Nov 4, 2008 #2 of 11
    say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Well, I'll certainly miss sharing with you guys in the private forum.

Again, thanks to the folks at DirecTV who provided me with the opportunity to breakin the HR23. Glad to be part of the team that got it ready for release.

3. Nov 4, 2008 #3 of 11
    bhelton71

bhelton71 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '09

Mar 7, 2007
    So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye :p

Agreed - excellent opportunity and a top notch operation.

Now lets wire a couple of them together :D (sorry couldn't resist or contain enthusiasm )

4. Nov 4, 2008 #4 of 11
    Milkman

Milkman Hall Of Fame

Dec 6, 2006
    lol

5. Nov 4, 2008 #5 of 11
    terrelliott

terrelliott Godfather

May 7, 2007
    Cockrum, MS
    I can't remember the time I had more fun playing with my home AV setup.:D Thanks to Directv for allowing me to test the HR23-700, and at the same time give me a reason to revamp the whole house setup. When my wife started to get wierd about all the changes, I could just say "Honey, I have to do this for testing purposes!". It was like a Get Out Of Jail Free card!:lol:
    Seriously, I really appreciate the opportunity.:)

6. Nov 4, 2008 #6 of 11
    JamesTPDI

JamesTPDI Legend

Jan 4, 2007
    Hope I helped DTV in some way. The test did push me to get a new plasma TV and network connection for the bedroom so I could properly test! Probably should have gone with a 1080P given the testing at the end (oh well it's still a decient picture). I am in the process of building a new room for me which will support a decient size TV, so if DTV has a new high end box to check out....

later dudes!

James

7. Nov 4, 2008 #7 of 11
    Button Pusher

Button Pusher Icon DBSTalk Club

Jan 19, 2007
    The...
    That is funny you say that about your wife. I do the same thing and she says " I just want to watch TV". It is funny how she says it.

Thanks to DirecTV,DBSTALK and all the mods for giving me the opportunity and the help during this Field Test.

8. Nov 4, 2008 #8 of 11
    MercurialIN

MercurialIN Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2006
    Turns out for me, the trial ended just in time, this afternoon, my only HD TV, the big screen Mitsu that the HR23 was hooked up to, went bye bye.

I was watching TV and all of a sudden everything had a double image, even the menus, guide etc. People on screen had a vivid lemon yellow stripe along one side of their head and a vivid blue stripe along the other side. Everything on screen had a really funky rainbow color.

I reset the DVR but the problem remained, turned to antenna, alas the problem remained. So it's the set. Eight years old and gone. Not in a position to get it fixed, my brother said it wouldn't be worth the money to get it fixed anyway. So I'm down to one TV, an SDTV. So again, for me the trial ended just in time.

Make no mistake, I can still watch the Mitsu big screen, it's just weird looking at all the different rainbow colors. Every time I watch it now, I feel I should be singing, Over the Rainbow, or Follow The Yellow Brick Road. Keep thinking about Kermit's Rainbow Connection too. :rolleyes:

Hopefully down the room there might be another HDTV in my future.

Still and all I truly enjoyed being a part of the trials and would be very pleased to be considered for any future trials where I might be of service.

9. Nov 4, 2008 #9 of 11
    Vinny

Vinny New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    I had a blast testing the HR23. I feel confident that anyone that purchases this box will be receiving a very reliable receiver. Mine has been just about flawless from day 1.

It's always special to test new hardware/software. I feel honored to be picked for this field test. I will continue to participate in our weekly CEs and look forward reporting future issues; knowing that DirecTV is here to rectify ASAP.

Thanks for selecting me for the trials and I am looking forward to seeing my fellow testers in the main forum. I also am hopeful that we will all be considered for any future testing.

Thanks again moderators and DirecTV!

10. TheMoose

TheMoose Icon

Jan 20, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I enjoyed this field test a lot, I don't know what I was expecting but it did go very smooth.

Hopefully I'll have another chance to try this again in the future.

Thanks for the opportunity guys! :D

11. psweig

psweig Hall Of Fame

Feb 4, 2006
    It's been fun. Now can I have the pre-production model back? :)