Probably silly question about adjustment on Slimline 3 dish.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by PHRoberts, Jul 13, 2019.

1. PHRoberts

PHRoberts New Member

Jul 28, 2010
    EDIT: I can't seem to edit the title, but I meant "Elevation" not "Tilt" in all of this thread. :)

My inlaws got a new roof yesterday, and in the process, we decided to move their dish from the roof to a fence post. I know fence posts aren't considered a great idea, but this is a 6 x 6 corner post that must be mounted in a bunch of concrete, because it feels absolutely rock solid. They kept having alignment issues from the roof spot, and I suspect the original installer missed the roof truss, making the install reliant on 1/2" OSB roof decking. Since I'm not very comfortable climbing on roofs, but have family tech support duties, I figured we'd put it somewhere I'm more comfortable with.

Anyhow, I successfully got it installed with great signal numbers, did the dithering with my cheap-o signal meter and all of that. What I've noticed is that the elevation adjustment in my area always looks like it's set at 60 degrees, but the online stuff on DTV's site, and www.dishpointer.com shows it as 45 degrees. I even tried resetting it to 45 degrees indicated on the mount, and got nothing. At 60 degrees everything is great. Our ZIP code is 29212. What am I missing here?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  2. PHRoberts

PHRoberts New Member

Jul 28, 2010
    So after some more searching, I think I figured it out. Apparently the edge of the inside half of the bracket is the indicator, not the bolts. I hope this helps someone down the line.

doctor j likes this.