1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem on 2 HD Channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by B Newt, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    On channels 75 TNT & 79 HDNET there is a vertical white line on the right side of the picture. It's like one or two rows of pixels are white. Any ideas??

2. EaglePC

EaglePC Icon

Apr 14, 2007
    Vizio 42" VU42L LCD 1080P tv
    I have the 32" fine TV
    wierd i lost those channels for about half this morning so who knows.
    maybe it'll clear up
    i think something is happening in a HD launch soon

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    This is something that's put in in the process of encoding. There's nothing you can do except maybe adjust the centering or image size of your TV if you're able to do that.

4. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    Thanks for the info. I will check and see if I have the option to center the picture.

5. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Your TV must be set for zero overscan. My Panasonic 50" Plasma shows the same white line if set for 100% image size. Fortunately I can also set it for 97% (3% overscan) so the line is not visible.

It's not just these channels by the way. I also see the same "problem" on some network broadcasts (e.g. NBC, CBS), even when using over-the-air HDTV reception. So it's not a DirecTV problem, but actually present in the source broadcast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.