Problem upgrading DirecTV SL5S LNB to a 3D2RBLNB

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by DMD1, Jul 23, 2019.

1. DMD1

DMD1 New Member

Jul 23, 2019
    My system uses 7 tuners- D12 x4, H25 x3, and while some are far away it's been stable for years using the SL5S LNB (5 LNB, 8 tuner). I need to add 3 more. I switched out the LNB to the 3D2RBLNB for up to 13 tuners and everything's messed up now. I even get a signal lock on my meter (even though there's a random missing transponder), yet the satellite receiver won't communicate with the dish- message, and it gets sluggish- hard to operate). I did a reset on all receivers (red button). Maybe 2-4 will work (regardless of distance) but not even 8, much less the 11 that I need.

I switched out LNB's (to the 5 LNB SWM reverse band), power supplies, splitters, connectors, Sonora amplifier...

Ideas?

2. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    I would suggest Shutting down your System and try starting over (by That) Start one H-25 ONLY first - Get that up and running -Then go to the next. If all you did was swap out the LNB and made no Dish alignment it should work -Some times bringing everthing up at once can cause issue's

3. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    The D12 isn't really compatible with the 3D2RB - it sees it as a standard 8 tuner SWM LNB so unless you start up the D12s first they won't necessarily get tuners when you add three more receivers. And who knows what other problems this might lead to, it isn't supported AT ALL by Directv.

Directv is phasing out MPEG2 and soon those D12s will be boat anchors. You should call up Directv and see what they'll do for you as far as replacing them with H24/H25. Once you have all HD receivers your issues should disappear.