1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Hughes HD Receiver

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jbblvm, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbblvm

jbblvm New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Yesterday when I got home and turned on my Hughes HD receiver, I got a network reconfiguration error. After a reset, the system can't find the channels. OTA works fine. No guide and the receiver can't set the clock. Talk to customer service who admits that something DTV did caused a problem with Sony & Hughes receivers and that they expect to have it fixed by 6:00 am today. Get home this evening and still the same problem. Call customer service and they now seem to have no clue. If I check the transponders they all seem to show good signal strength. The last suggestion was to go on the roof to check the connection and the service rep didn't seem to understand that this can't be the problem since OTA is diplexed and working and all of the transponders show strong. Their next solution is a service call that I don't expect to solve anything except to want me to switch to the new system. This is virtually impossible for me since I am in a 4 story townhouse and there is no reasonable way to run all of the cables required by the new system. Anyone know how to fix the problem for now while I try to decide what to do in the long run?

2. jbblvm

jbblvm New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Ok, I see where I am not alone. I will see if it is working by tomorrow.

3. tronn

tronn Cool Member

Jan 16, 2008
    i have the same problem. i have a legacy Hughes HD HTL. program guide doesnt download, but OTA works fine.
    I called directv yesterday and they mentioned that it is a known error on their part. the rep also said that at 3am eastern time THIS MORNING the problem would be fixed. Obviously this isnt the case. Im now into my 4th day without Directv. Can i get some kind of credit or something?

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Nice to see that the CSR's are finally acknowledging this problem. Call DirecTV and politely request compensation.

5. raoul5788

raoul5788 Guest

May 13, 2006
    There is supposed to be a fix by 6PM today, Friday. Try rebooting after then. Good luck to both of us since I have an LG that is bricked, also!

6. Rockaway1836

Rockaway1836 Godfather

Sep 25, 2007
    Myrtle Beach
    Everything back to normal after running initial setup this morning.

7. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Glad to hear it!

This thread has been moved to the HD receiver forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.