1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with local Fox station

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by CableCutter, Nov 1, 2016.

1. CableCutter

CableCutter New Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Northern...
    I live in northern Michigan and like many others, I've decided to cut costs by parting ways with DirecTV. Got my streaming devices all set up throughout the household and installed an antenna setup for my locals. Because I have Hulu, I really only needed the locals for sports. Everything was going according to plan up until we started watching the Detroit Lions games on Fox 32. What the heck is this crap? we're sayin'. Talk about a time warp. The picture looks every bit as bad as the old days before hi-def. Anyone here know what the deal is? Are they just re-xmitting a lousy feed? Most of the time things look great, but this is horrendous. The lines on the field are a sea of motion during pans and the people in the crowd become a cartoon low res mush.

crodrules likes this.
  2. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Need more information what channel are you watching(what is broadcast channel, what is channel # you are tuned to?) What tuner are you using and what antenna do you have?

3. CableCutter

CableCutter New Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Northern...
    Signal is solid with no drops so that's not a problem. We're using a Tivo Roamio OTA. Both 45.1 and 10.2 in northern Michigan are equally bad during the Lions game. Most other programming looks excellent so the problem appears to originate with them.

4. Xelleld

Xelleld New Member

Jun 12, 2017
    I have to assume that this is an issue with their feed based on what you've said. Digital TV is an all-or-nothing proposition when it comes to reception, so it's unlikely that this issue has much, if anything at all, to do with the receiving end. I suggest sending a message to the station's staff to let them know about picture quality problems, especially if you know anybody that has the same issue.

5. RetFireReg

RetFireReg New Member

Saturday
    I moved from Philadelphia to Montgomery, Al. and Fox and NBC in both cities were bad reception with OTA. I also think it's them. JMHO.

6. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Just FYI 10.2 and 45.1 are the same station....

7. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    My local FOX, channel 26 is having problems also.
    They put a message on the screen to do not call, they are aware of it and working to fix it.
    Now that I typed this it is back on for now.