1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with new Wausau digital channels and HR20

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by garddog32, Feb 18, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garddog32

garddog32 Mentor

Aug 27, 2004
    Last night/this morning the Wausau WI digital channels changed for channels 7/9/12. I did a new initial anntenna setup as well as a RBR, but it seems the HR20 still cannot find a signal. It seem like maybe the HR20 gets it channel mapping from DirecTv and they have not updated it yet. Can anyone confirm this? We have a separate set top converter box and a simple rescan from that device picks up the channels at their new location... so I'm pretty sure it isn't an anntenna problem. If anyone has any insight I would appreciate it.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Actually it gets the channel information from the Guide Data provided by Tribune News Services. Be sure to report this problem to DirecTV, Tribune News Services (http://www.zap2it.com), and the local station.

3. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Yes, it means that the new channel mappings have not yet made it to the HR20's guide data. First the stations have to notify Tribune, who produce the guide, and then Tribune have to send an updated guide to DirecTV. With the digital transition "final" date delayed until June I am sure there's going to be much confusion about the stations transitioning earlier.

4. BkwSoft

BkwSoft Legend

Oct 18, 2007
    This is one of the reasons I was glad DIRECTV added the Wausau local LiL in HD. We all knew this was going to happen.

The one good thing though is at least when WJFW changed their repeater on Mosinee Hill to digital they also modified the PSIP data to reflect 27.1 and 27.2 instead of 12.1 and 12.2. Also WJFW stayed at UHF 16 and didn't fall back to VHF 12 so if you were getting their signal OTA before you should still be doing so.

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    There is now an official issues-only thread for reporting all issues with the transition from analog to digital:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=152685

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.