problem with primetime?

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by jefte1, Oct 30, 2014.

1. jefte1

jefte1 Cool Member

Feb 10, 2010
    South Carolina
    Has anyone else encountered this problem, Last night ( amd this happened once before about a month ago), I was watching tv and noticed my red light wasnt on and found out my primetime was not recording. I reset the reciever and after a minute, it started recording. I checked to see if there had been an update or something last night and it was still showing software 506s, so no new updates. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what is causing this. I would hate not to be home one night and find out it didnt redord anything again. thanks in advance. I have the hopper with sling with wireless joey.

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    I have seen some reports of this issue. It doesn't seem to be widespread though.

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Every once in a while Dish receivers (all models that I've had anyway) just get into a weird/bad state where they need to be reset. I don't know if it is memory leaks or what... but in the past my 622, 722, and 922 receivers all had a time or two where they suddenly weren't recording when they should have been... and a reset fixed it and the problem was gone for months.

Assuming nothing is broken or on the way to failure with your Hopper, I would guess this is a similar thing... that once in a blue moon you'll have a random thing like this and no way to predict it.

4. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Or you could try a once a month reset as a preemptive measure.