1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems recording 'The Dark Knight' and 'Batman Begins'

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by vandergraff, Jul 18, 2012.

1. vandergraff

vandergraff Legend

Sep 26, 2007
    The Dark Knight is on TNT on Friday. However if I try to record it I am asked to buy the DirectvCinema version.

Likewise if I try to record the live showing of Batman Begins which is on FX live now I find it also records the $ DirectCinema version.

It looks like both movies are on DirectVCinema AND either FX and TNT and the HD DVR defaults to $ DirectvCinema version.

I would like to record The Dark Knight on TNT on Friday - but currently this is not possible.

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Set it up as a manual record.

3. vandergraff

vandergraff Legend

Sep 26, 2007
    I will probably do that.

That said it is a pain - I will also need to check I am not charged for the Batman Returns recording from FX tonight.

Hopefully not as there was no $ warning message - but it did show as a $ recording in my playlist......

4. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    I just went to TNT in the guide and recorded it without an issue. I then did a smart search and had to scroll down to get to 245 and then it was setup to be ok.

5. wahooq

wahooq New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    There are 2 versions of each right now due to the Dark Knight Rising coming out in theaters....PPV and free tv you can choose what one you record if you can work your dvr...

6. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    I just recreated the problem. Search and pick the TNT one and it asks to pay. If I pick in guide it says it added it to my playlist as PPV and it did. Once it was in playlist I could set the TNT version to record.

A bug. Call it into directv.

7. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    BB & TDK blus are only $4.99 each @ best buy this week with their dvd trade in program.

8. HarleyD

HarleyD Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    I was wathching Batman Begins last night and had to get up and do something so I hit record while I was watching it and it put the DirecTV Cinema version into my now playing list.

I hit record a couple more times and the progress bar turned from green to red finally.

I went back into the Now Playing list. They were both in there so I just deleted the one for DirecTV Cinema.

I have not run into that before. I would have been pissed if I had not noticed and only had the version I had to pay for when I went back to watch it.

9. vandergraff

vandergraff Legend

Sep 26, 2007
    I can work my DVR......

As you can see others have replicated the problem.

10. vandergraff

vandergraff Legend

Sep 26, 2007
    Yes I did a smart search and scrolled down to 245 - it still tried to record the Direct Cinema $ version.

It seems like directv employees don't see the issue - but others do.....

11. fjames

fjames Mentor

Nov 24, 2010
    If I go to the 245 guide entry and get info, it's as if I'm getting info on a PPV.

12. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Ok I've tried this on 7 different receivers and can't duplicate it. Someone mind taking some pictures.

13. slimoli

slimoli Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    On my Hr22-100 , selecting Dark Knight from the guide, ch 245, goes straight to the PPV stuff. Only way I found to record from ch 245 was doing the search and pressing record on the highlighted program.

UPDATE: Well, this is getting interesting. I tried to do exactly what I did before and this time selecting the program to record from the guide worked as it should.

14. vandergraff

vandergraff Legend

Sep 26, 2007
    Still doing it.

Search for The Dark Knight and then select the Friday showing on 245 and it brings up the PPV version.

See attached.

I have set for a manual record on 245....

Attached Files:

15. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Have you tried just hitting the record button when you have it highlighted, rather than brining up the info screen by hitting select?

16. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    I had. It still sets the ppv movie. It is trying to be helpful. Look, here it is now. You don't have to wait. The logic makes sense for downloads and linear ppv. It is just a screw up that this movie is not tagged correctly and it is finding the movie already loaded on the drive.