Program Remote NAG

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ColdCase, Jan 22, 2021.

1. ColdCase

ColdCase AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    New England
    I had unplugged internet to prevent the DVR from filling a playlist with shows I had already watched out of sequence and deleted. A side benefit was no screen saver ADs. But then remotely setting programs to record was also disabled. Now that I finished watching the season, I plugged ethernet back in. Alas the program remote nag screen is back and I can't get rid of it.

Every time I turn the HR54 on I get the new remote was detected and to program nag screen. Alternately it will provide the option to dismiss the screen or do no show again, but it nags the next time regardless. I'm sure its been talked about here, just can't find it.

At the moment I'm using a Harmony Elite, but the same thing was happening previously with the DirecTV remote before that (started after one of the overnight upgrades). Previously I went through the DVR's program remote setup process several times, but it doesn't seem to stick for me, probably fat fingered something. My older DVRs are not nagging me....

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  2. MrWindows

MrWindows New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Phoenix,...
    I have a similar issue with my HR34, although it is connected. I have a standard remote, although I have a HarmonyOne I don't use.

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I have an H24 that has never been connected to the net. It has been doing this NAG ever since I changed my sons remote. When I changed it I went thru the menu and did all the steps. I programmed the TV, then the Yamaha AVR.
    None of the choices given work.

What I have found is that if I use the DTV remote and turn on the TV and the H24 and then turn on the AVR, the NAG does not come up.
    We got new software 2 nights ago and I have not checked to see if I can skip the secondary power on to the AVR.
    My son does not get up until noon and his system is very loud. I will try it as soon as he gets up.

Also, my friend has an HR44. We changed her remote a few weeks ago and her system does this NAG also and again we went thru all the screen steps to program the remote.

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Update: I just turned on the Yamaha and the DTV & TV.
    Yep, there it is. New software did not help with this problem.