Programming auxiliary devices

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by patrick77, Dec 13, 2011.

1. patrick77

patrick77 Cool Member

Jun 9, 2006
    In the game room I have an H25 receiver with an Optoma HD20 projector and a Sony HT-CT150 sound bar. I tried to program the remote for this projector but none of the codes worked. Is there a way for these D* remotes to learn?

Also, I was able to program the sound bar into one of the auxiliary slots, but how do I make the remote control the sound level when the remote is in DirectTV mode?

Finally, is it possible for the remote to power down the sound bar when I press the "all off" button?

Thanks

2. F1 Fan

F1 Fan Icon

Aug 28, 2007
    Sorry I dont know enough about them to answer that part, but someone should be able to help you

You have 2 choices. Tell the remote that you want this to be the default volume device (you will have to do the setup again and after entering the code you have to do another code (999 i think?) to tell it this is the default volume device). That will do it in directv mode. Or you have to switch the remote to the device type (e.g. Alt1) and then do the volume.

No. it only powers down the Directv and the TV. The other two have to be done manually.

You could always look into a better remote such as the Harmonys etc.