1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Programming Blue Button Remote

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by rajeev28, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rajeev28

rajeev28 Legend

Oct 16, 2003
    I have a spare Blue Button Remote. I wanted it to program it as a UHF remote. My 7200 UHF remote isn't working well. I know this can be done. I saw this on ebay

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dish Network / Bell ExpressVu Blue Button UHF Universal Remote Control. This can be used in UHF (through the wall) mode with recievers capable of this function, such as 4000, 4500, 4700 and 4900, However it does not perform the PVR functions. It can also be used in IR mode with most other Dish Network / Bell Express VU models. It can also be programmed to control your other devices. This retails for over $69.00! These remotes are used. They have been Refurbished and individually packaged. However they may have some minor scratches due to usage and bulk shipping. They are generally in excellent condition and have been fully tested for functionality. Programming Instructions are also provided upon request.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pressed SAt, It starting blinking , I pressed 5 (which is the current Remote address in the system info). I pressed # button.It blinked twice

Still doesnt work. Any help

2. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    No, the blue button remotes will NOT be able to operate the 7100/7200 Dishplayer receivers. 7200 receivers neer had UHF capabilities with it.

3. rajeev28

rajeev28 Legend

Oct 16, 2003
    How abt JVC D-VHS, same thing?

4. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    The 7100/7200 responds to WebTV IR signals, as Jacob said it is not UHF capable. DISH remotes will not control the DISHPlayer.

The JVC D-VHS will respond to UHF but has no IR sensor.

5. rajeev28

rajeev28 Legend

Oct 16, 2003
    "The JVC D-VHS will respond to UHF but has no IR sensor"

But is it possible to program the blue remote to work for the D-vhs

6. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    YES - but the blue button remote will NOT control vcr functions (other than FF or REW)

7. rajeev28

rajeev28 Legend

Oct 16, 2003
    Doesn't matter, I just wanna change ch's, but I cant. Thats the problem, can someone run me thru the steps

8. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    Perhaps you could get a UHF blue button remote to do the UHF functionality. There is another UHF receiver, I believe 5000 or something like that in which is UHF only and not IR.

9. Mar 1, 2004 #9 of 10
    rajeev28

rajeev28 Legend

Oct 16, 2003
    Is there another Blue Button UHF one?, I thought there was only one type

10. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    Well there were four or so type of UHF remotes. The first one was the type you had to press the mode button to switch from SAT, TV, VCR, AUX (there were not seperate buttons that light up for them). The second one most people know about where you press the SAT, TV, VCR, AUX button that lights up. Those two goes up to 100 feet. The third one was for the 501/508/510 that also goes up to 100 feet only those are silver and have buttons for pause, fast forward, rewind, record, etc for the DVR functionality. The fourth one is similar to that only it is for the 322 receiver's second tuner that is DishPro UHF that goes up to 200 feet. A fifth one is also DishPro UHF that goes up to 200 feet but has the DVR functionality with it. The DishPro UHF remotes that goes up to 200 feet will not work on the other ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.