Programming from the web

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by rbpeirce, Feb 21, 2016.

1. rbpeirce

rbpeirce Godfather

Feb 23, 2006
    I have an HR44 and I have gone on the DTV web site to schedule recordings when I am away. As far as I know this has always worked but between 2/5 and 2/17 I scheduled four different series. In each case I got a confirming email but NONE of the series were actually scheduled. I didn't have the current show and the series were not in the Series Manager.

As far as I know my internet connection was up the whole time. Certainly it was up when I returned and I received no emails indicating it was down as I have from time-to-time in the past.

Does anybody have any idea what might have happened and is there a way to prevent that going forward?

2. rbpeirce

rbpeirce Godfather

Feb 23, 2006
    Lots of views but no replies so I broke down and called DTV. It turns out when you use their web page to schedule a program it goes out via the internet, not the sat. I turn my router off when I leave VA, that explains why programming from the web site doesn't work! Next time I will leave the router on and test it from PA. It should work.

2 people like this.
  3. goober22

goober22 Godfather

Sep 8, 2004
    Sunny...
    I guess no one knew either. Thanks for coming back and updating us. :righton:

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    There is a duplicate thread here: http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/221426-scheduling-programs-via-the-dtv-web-page/

I assure you my Receiver or TV is not connected to the web in any way and I can schedule from my PC or my ipad app and it will immediately show up in my Guide I have been doing this for years.
    Try it for yourself. There is something strange going on with the TS having 2 accounts.